Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Virgin Atlantic ONLY

Options

Comments

• Gran71
    Options
    Hi All, not been on for a long time as not had anything to update but finally got some good news this week. VS074 7th June 2013, Orlando to Manchester, 25 hour delay, Pilot Sickness, I claimed through EUClaims as I didn't have the time or confidence to go for it myself, and Virgin had turned me down in writing 3 times. They have paid out to euclaims, and I got the money in my account. There were 4 of us (2 adults & 2 kids) and of course there was the fee to be deducted but was still worth it. Just thought this might be useful if anyone else is still thinking about it. Thanks.

Thanks to you and another person on this website we have also been paid out from this flight, money in our accounts today, we had also contacted Virgin on more than three occasions and were told that no one had been paid out from this flight, we didn't want to go the claim company route but in the end decided that for our group of four adults and three children any recompense would be better than nothing, and we had become fed up of Virgin's attitude. Many thanks to those people who make sure other people on our flight get this information
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done.Its a pity you didn't go DIY - you would have got alot more compensation!
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Blade74
    Blade74 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 27 March 2017 at 9:59PM
    Options
    Hi help or advise much appreciated. I purchased flights to new york off Skyscanner for a virgin flight ( return) for new york june this year upon weekly check of virgin app return leg cancelled and moved 24 later after contacting virgin was told to contact byo jet ( agent ) who could only offer flight home via atlanta 8 hrs wait there then manchester meaning I'd get home roughly same time as cancelled flight and not on the airbus with was my main reason for flying virgin for comfort ( new hips ) what is Virgins position on this as they cancelled original flight home. Thanks for any help
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    More than 14 days notice so no compensation- reroute or refund
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,334 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank them for the extra day there!
  • Blade74
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If I'd have wanted 8 days I would have booked 8 days the hotel I'm in is fully booked so I have to find pay and move to another hotel for one night . Thanks virgin ! After saving for 12 months to afford seven nights
  • Blade74
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply much appreciated :T
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Have you checked to see if there are any alternative flights back that are more suitable and then ask to be transferred to it.

that may have been easier if you had booked direct with virgin,

flights get changed/cancelled all the time
  • Blade74
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Only alternative flight is jfk to Atlanta 8 hr wait then fly to Manchester on same day . But I have paid for leg room wich they would give back but no legroom seats on alternative flights . But I recently had lots of surgery ( no violins please ) wich was my reason for flying a330 for the 2 3 2 layout . Will definitely not use agents again first time and definitely the last
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The real question is what possessed you to book with BYO jet in the first place? The reviews are universally dreadful, they are based in Australia and have a call centre in Manila( I cancelled a credit card when the bank opened a call centre there, the staff were happy but completely unable to do anything) not all travel agents are bad, but sorry to say you should have checked them out first. The cheapest is not always the best!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback