Monarch delays & Compensations. Listed flights denied in O.P.

Options

Comments

• blondmark
    Options
    sarahb161 wrote: »
    Hi Yann,

We were on the same flight and received the same reply yesterday - as expected, unfortunately. I was going to ask the same thing - how many flights is it reasonable for them to say were affected by one incident? It would be interesting to know which other flights were affected by one passenger being ill!

Ours seems to be the only flight so far where they are not claiming a tech issue. I wasn't sure what was meant by the flight being "overweight" as this seems to be the key reason that we were delayed - i.e. if the plane wasn't overweight, it could have taken off again straight away, without the need for a Monarch safety person travelling from the UK, the cabin crew wouldn't have been out of time and there wouldn't have been a delay -or at least not such a long one. Surely it is Monarch's responsibility to ensure their planes are not overweighht?! Could this be the clincher for our case?!

If it's a knock-on effect of extraordinary circumstances, then it's not extraordinary circumstances. Provide 14 days notice of the issue of proceedings and then sue.
  • Bazzalad
    Options
    Hi Mark, have already posted this but must have been missed.

Flight ZB535 Palma to Manchester refused, 09/10/2012, Fault on number 2 engine on previous flight.
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Known flights that Monarch have agreed compensation on:
    ZB227 PMI - LGW 07/10/12 Payment received
    ZB3566 LUTON - FIUMICINO 07/10/12 Payment received

Flights denied for EC's
    Mon3693 20/9/2011 Mombasa-Gatwick ruptured start duct in the number one engine
    MON2693 Mombasa - Gatwick 09/11/10 Fuselage damage on inconing flight Knock on EC
    ZB743 Malaga - Gatwick 7/10/12 - No2 C-duct engine fault and fan cowl delaminated. Replacement from Memphis.
    ZB655 Malaga -Manchester 4/11/12 Nose landing gear fault
    ZB743 Malaga - Gatwick 14/7/12 - Nose landing gear fault
    ZB743 Malaga -Gatwick 15/07/12 Engine prob on previous flight
    ZB743 Malaga - Gatwick 28/7/12 - Air bleed leak on previous flight with crew out of hours Knock on EC
    ZB685 Sharm El Sheikh - Manchester 29/09/12 Wing flap hinge pin sheared off
    MON1484 Gatwick-Dalaman 17/09/12 Wet lease recall & First officer called in sick
    ZB248 Gatwick -Sharm El Sheik 8/4/12 Cracked windscreen needed replacing
    ZB249 Sharm - Gatwick 08/04/12 Cracked windscreen
    MON5028 Manchester to Zakynthos 31/05/12 Cracked windscreen
    MON329, LGW - Sanford 8/05/10 Cracked windscreen
    ZB742 Gatwick - Malaga 07/10/12 Engine duct fault, replacement shipped from Tennessee
    ZB252 Gatwick - Alicante 2/06/12 Steering and brakes tech issue on previous flight and crew out of hours so plane in Egypt overnight Knock on EC
    ZB581 Faro - Manchester 3/11/12 Previous flight tech issue, divert to Dalaman
    ZB959 PMI - BHX 03&04/07/12 hydraulic pipe failure
    ZB3566 Luton - Rome on 3/04/12 Fuel valve fault
    ZB217 Faro - Gatwick 20/08/12 Previous flight emergency floor lights Knock on EC
    ZB534 Manchester - Palma 30/09/12, problem with previous flight ZB685 from Sharm El Sheikh (wing flap hinge sheared off) Knock on EC
    ZB532 Manchester - Palma 09/04/11 Previous Sharm flight wing damage Knock on EC
    MON2018 Gatwick - Male 19/04/09 digital engine control fault, previous flight Knock on EC
    ZB3566 Luton-Rome 03/04/12.....Previous flight fuel valve fault Knock on EC
    MON7909 Corfu - LGW 20/09/10 EC: faulty wiring in nose wheel
    MON5953 Corfu - Gatwick 26/07/08 Previous flight split bleed duct knock on EC
    MON5643 PVK - Man 26/8/12 previous flight fluid leak from aileron knock on EC
    MON5765 Sharm - LGW 08/07/10 Throttle jammed, replace cable
    MON303 Man - Sanford 15/6/2012 Computer replaced and headwinds on previous flight Knock on EC
    ZB533 Palma - Man 07/08/12 wheel nut problem
    Mon1875 Lesbos - Man 01/06/12 On board computer problem
    ZB6375 Grenoble - Gatwick 01/03/09 Cargo door damage
    ZB564 Man - TFS 17/08/12 Replaced no 2 battery
    ZB013 Malaga - Luton 07-09-12 Fuel leak (possibly on previous ZB012 incoming flight, so Knock on EC)
    ZB661 Malaga to Man 07/10/12 flight deck seat track replacement
    MON305 Man - Sanford 09/06/12 Engine vibration
    ZB558 Man - Bodrum on 01/10/12 Windscreen heater problem
    ZB248 LGW - Sharm 14/10/12 Previous flight late, crew out of hours knock on EC
    ZB677 Alicante to Manchester 29/10/12 Right side engine fault
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not a vindictave sort of person and with no delay to complain about I feel another outlet for your frustration/complaint may be https://www.facebook.com/MonarchComplaints
    Just in its infancy but who know it may become the place to register your problem(s) and Monarch may realise they have to sort things out before they become 'common knowledge'.
  • sama29
    Options
    Just recieved a response from Mon to our EU Delayed flight claims form. Of course, no one will be surprised to learn they have declined my claim citing Extraordinary Circumstances due to damage suffered to an engine c duct gas generator fairing. Leading to a knock on effect of passengers being transferred to a number of smaller aircraft flight. Funny, as my recolection was when our aircraft finally turned up about six and a half hours after the original departure time, it was the same size as what we were originally expecting and all of the delayed passangers embarked on this flight.

Anyone had similar?

On to the next step
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    Added to OP.
    What is the scheduled journey time to Bodrum?
    Just that if you had gone past the half way point, the decision to turn around - a longer journey than continuing to destination - would have been a commercial decision by the airline as the tech fault is cheaper to fix in Manchester (or elsewhere in the UK), so not an EC. Just a greed more profit/less cost type of decision. Nothing to do with safety.
    But if you'd only been in the air 20 mins then it's an arguable in flight safety issue, and one for the CAA I suspect.

Manchester to Bodrum is approx 4 hrs 15 mins. We were in the air about half an hour or so when the decision was made to turn back........certainly not long enough to bring round
    D the drinks trolley. We had been sitting on the plane for a fair bit before departure and after we turned back were rewarded with a couple of mouthfuls of water in a beaker each (did get vouchers when we got back to Man though)
  • glentoran99
    Options
    Have you included the hilarious one denied in 2010 that was denied because it arrived 3 mins early.... In 2012, and the euclaim depr stand by their decision.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2013 at 1:34AM
    Options
    I'm having PC problems, it keeps shutting down, I'll update what I can.

Done and up to date. Let me know if yours is missing.
  • cart583
    cart583 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    hi, as another poster on the same flight as ours has already had his claim denied from monarch do i have to wait until we actually hear from them ourselves before i send a nba or can we do it now as obviously ours is going to be the same answer. the flight was mon/zb 305 man to sanford 11 hour delay but they didnt actually mend anything it seems all they did was check it was ok. another poster said they knew about this at 0500 hrs and we arrived at manchester before 0600 and it was already delayed. we were due to depart at 0915 and eventually did at 2017 that night. so thats over 15hrs it took them. they have stated engine vibration. thanks for any advice
  • kevjen
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    No need to apologise WPC: but I think you miss my point. I can quite see why Monarch might try to take the approach you suggest, but I think the Courts, the CAA and the media would take a fairly dim view of that strategem eventually, particularly if other airlines started to pay out (as they have begun to).

But my point is that Monarch has not (not) rejected any claims put to in since the ECJ's clarification, except when pushed to respond in the Courts. Everyone else - to my knowledge - has had no response at all - not even a refusal of compensation. Now I think that is a bit odd, even if you don't! ;)

I have had a claim with Monarch for delayed flight since 2010, I even took it to court, but it was stayed because of the Judicial review. When they lost the review I wrote to them again and they sent me some claims forms to fill in, which I did and returned on the 31/10/12, on the 13/02/13 I wrote to the court asking them to reopen the case as I had still not had any reply from Monarch, I have not heard back from the courts yet, but I got a reply from monarch on the 22/02/13 once again refusing my claim. So you now have someone who they have refused their claim since the Judicial review. I'll not go into all my claim history, but I was delayed for 7 hours in June 2010, and they are using the technical fault get out. I am now waiting for the court to reply, and I will see them in court.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    Options
    You can NBA after they haven't replied after 14 days Cart. It's a civil process governed by law, not a process governed by Monarchs timetable.
    It would be funny if you get a different reason though ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure