Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• Planet_Switzerland
    Options

Now I've been doing surveys for a while I thought I'd update my opinions oneach site, so here goes:

YouGov - As I previously said it had taken me 5 years to reach £50 lastOctober but had missed lots of surveys. Now I've been doing all the ones I getinvited to I am over halfway to £50 in just under 1 year. So it is a slow one,but the big advantage is that I've never been screened out a single survey fromthem and the surveys themselves aren't too bad.

The following 3 sites I've been with for a year now:

Global Test Market - If you do surveys purely for the money then this is thesite for you. It is by far my biggest earner, however, I tend to get severalsurvey invites most days and get screened out of most of them. There also tendsto be several surveys waiting for me when I log into my account too, but Idon't do these as they do not indicate what reward I will get for completingthem and I don't do prize draw surveys.

New Vista Live - Like YouGov this is a slow one, will probably take me thesame amount of time to reach the £50 threshold. I do get screened out ofsurveys for this one, but when I do get to complete surveys they aren't toolong and tend to pay around £1 for a survey which is quite good.

Panel Base - Have earned a similar amount of credit as New Vista Live, butis only a £10 threshold so I've seen some money from them. Some surveys are okand some are tedious.

Then I joined My Survey in November (I think)

My Survey - The London bus of survey sites, sometimes I can go from nothingto the £3 threshold in a day and sometimes I don't get any surveys for a while.I did get deactivated for a while because I apparently logged in from abroad(was really my work computer) so only do surveys at home here. Lots of surveystend to be about alcohol and they can drag on a while.

These are the sites I joined in January in order of how much I've earnedfrom them in terms of credit because of the varying threshold levels:

One Poll - Nice short surveys that mostly pay 10p, some are just onequestion long. I do get screened out of most but normally only after 1 or 2questions so not too bad.

IPoll(formerly Surveyhead) - If you purchase IT equipment for your company thenthis is the site for you. I often get invites for 5 minute surveys for £3 or £4but always get screened out of them. They make a point of disqualifying you ifyou do the surveys too quickly and I'm finding most surveys are now 25 minutesfor 64p which I choose not to do. I got to threshold level quite quickly butrewards were pending for weeks then took a few more weeks for them to processpayment. Have found since becoming Ipoll the surveys are longer for less rewardand invites are less frequent. So despite this being the second highest earnerI wouldn't recommend it.

Opinion World - They do 20 minute surveys for 50p and 1 minute surveys for50p so no consistency. You also cannot skip surveys, so there may be a 1 minutesurvey waiting after attempting the 20 minute one. I have also been screenedout of so many surveys after completing them which is very annoying. The bestway is try to get screened out of the long surveys early on to get to the shortones and do them as quickly as possible to minimise the amount of wasted time.

Pure Profile - Took me a while to get going but then discovered they don'treally send e-mail invites so you need to keep checking your account. The goodthing about this site is you get paid 5p if you get screened out. The surveysdo pay according to the length and seems to be 10p per minute so a 15 minutesurvey would be £1.50 which is quite good compared to other sites.

Populus Live - Most of these surveys are about politics. They pay quitewell, officially £1 for every 5 minutes. Unfortunately they don't come all thatoften and it's a £50 threshold.

Mind Mover - They pay according to the length of survey. The ones you getfrom Mind Mover themselves are alright but the ones which come from theirpartner companies can be very tedious.

Your Say Pays - Nice quick surveys which usually pay 25p each.

Opinium - Also nice quick surveys, I don't think I've ever been screened outof one either. Would say this site has the most enjoyable surveys, the downsideis they don't come very often.

Springboard - Another site with nice quick surveys which don't come veryoften. They also do the "monthly mosaic" which are longer surveysthat apparently help get you more surveys which I did when I first joined, butas survey invites are quite rare I stopped doing these as it doesn't seem tomake any difference.

We Pay Per Survey - I'm thinking of stopping doing surveys for them. Thethreshold is only £8 but the surveys are very boring and often start withasking my age and gender several times amongst other thinks just to end upbeing screened out. I've also completed surveys which I've got screened out oftoo and it just doesn't seem worth it.

Crowdology - This is just £4 threshold but I find it's best to stick to theshort surveys here which can be quite enjoyable, the long ones are boring and Ioften get screened out of them.

Opinion Bar - Surveys are very rare but when they do arrive they pay £1 with10p for getting screened out so whilst the it's the second lowest earner, itdoesn't take up much of my time.

WH Smith - Quite similar to We Pay Per Survey but with a £4 threshold. Ihaven't received an invite for a while but given the tedious nature of theirsurveys that's not such a bad thing.

• Guacamole321
    Options
    I looked into WH Smith surveys after reading about it on here, but the log-in just took me into my Crowdology account, so I think it's the same company.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WH Smith surveys and Crowdology surveys (along with a few others) are hosted by Cint Surveys but they are seperate as far as the names go.
    As long as you have a different username for each site, you should be ok

On saying that, I haven't had a WHSmith survey since April 2013 so I'm not sure whats happening
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Opinion World - They do 20 minute surveys for 50p and 1 minute surveys for50p so no consistency. You also cannot skip surveys, so there may be a 1 minutesurvey waiting after attempting the 20 minute one. I have also been screenedout of so many surveys after completing them which is very annoying. The bestway is try to get screened out of the long surveys early on to get to the shortones and do them as quickly as possible to minimise the amount of wasted time.

The problem I find with Opinion World surveys is that the time given at the start sometimes is a work of fiction.

10 minutes survey taking 30 minutes to complete
    But also a 30 minute survey taking only 6 minutes to complete
  • sylwright
    Options
    Has anyone heard of SurveySavers?? Not sure whether to sign up with them or not, thought I'd ask on here first for any info on them.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sylwright - don't bother, there are better sites out there to join that do pay you money for surveys
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    The only ones I really use nowadays are IPSOS and Mysurvey. If I do every survey I'm sent, I can pretty much get £20 a month, both combined. I only get Amazon vouchers.

I also do Consumer Pulse, which I can get £10 a month from, no trouble.

I also do the product testing on Buzzagent, Savvycircle and Giavaidian (sp?). You can't rely on these for regular products though.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Greenqueen_2
    Options
    Does anybody else hate "Brain juicers" as much as me?
  • mrsgreenwood_2
    Options
    can anyone help me?...

i have 1005 point, id like to redeem £25 amazon vouchers which are 867 points.

when i get to the cart it says "Sorry, your cart total does not meet the minimum points to redeem. The minimum number of MarketPoints needed to redeem is 1,000"

im confused?
    **Waiting for a BIG win!**

Thank you all posters!

S born 2006 and N born 2010 *delivered at home by daddy!*
  • silverfairy
    Options
    can anyone help me?...

i have 1005 point, id like to redeem £25 amazon vouchers which are 867 points.

when i get to the cart it says "Sorry, your cart total does not meet the minimum points to redeem. The minimum number of MarketPoints needed to redeem is 1,000"

im confused?

I think it means that you have to actually redeem over 1000 points in any one order but can choose 2 different types of voucher/reward. so maybe 2 smaller value vouchers could work,I waited till I was over 1100 points & took £30 paypal
    Think they are still working on their old principle of having to redeem 1000 points or more at a time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback