Forum Home» Boost Your Income

Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

edited 28 January 2013 at 5:23PM in Boost Your Income
548 replies 239.6K views

Replies

• Hi,
    I don't usually have problems with My Survey , has anyone done the diary this week and had it crash when it is nearly at the end?
    I contacted them re this on day one and day two but just got a generic reply.
    So annoying when you are genuine and have taken time to do the task
  • LaracLarac Forumite
    924 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any problems with My Survey and agree with Eldaniel that you need to work out what points are and whether it is worth it.

I personally won't bother with Toluna as points are low value or Inbox pounds as they only pay 1p a minute typically and their surveys are supposed to take 25 mins , when they take 45 mins

I also jettison any survey company that just enters you into a prize draw as I think my time should be rewarded rather than just being entered into a lottery.
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I hit the pay-out with Toluna, I'm going to ditch them

Survey success rate of less than 5%, the most annoying thing is with financial surveys where they ask you which bank your with (Halifax) and kick you straight out.

Seems survey sites don't like it if you bank with Halifax.
  • cinnamoncinnamon Forumite
    23 posts
    In July I was telephoned by Robert from what I thought was Ipsos Surveys, of which I am a member. He invited m to complete a telephone survey in the following week to earn £28 in points. A young lady phoned, I spent 45 mins completing the survey but - guess what - no points - Ipsos claim not to know anything. Has anyone else any experience of this.
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    cinnamon wrote: »
    In July I was telephoned by Robert from what I thought was Ipsos Surveys, of which I am a member. He invited m to complete a telephone survey in the following week to earn £28 in points. A young lady phoned, I spent 45 mins completing the survey but - guess what - no points - Ipsos claim not to know anything. Has anyone else any experience of this.

Unfortunately not. £28 for a 45 minute survey should really have rung alarm bells. The average 45 minutes online Ipsos survey might earn about £2-£3 of points. Sorry to hear you've been the victim of a scam x
  • Hi I am thinking about doing some online surveys could do with earning some extra cash, I have signed up to Toluna check my balance and all my survey's are pending,Wondered if anyone had any advice what sites to sign upto, what sites not. Any advice will help as I don't want to waste my time but would like to earn a little extra cash
  • jennatilly wrote: »
    Hi I am thinking about doing some online surveys could do with earning some extra cash, I have signed up to Toluna check my balance and all my survey's are pending,Wondered if anyone had any advice what sites to sign upto, what sites not. Any advice will help as I don't want to waste my time but would like to earn a little extra cash

Toluna can take as long as 6 weeks to credit the points to your account. They do credit, it just takes a long time.

I'd recommend OnePoll as the surveys are typically short and are really easy. ValuedOpinions is one that pays out quite quickly in my opinion (every month I get something from them, at least £10 but sometimes £20 or more, depending on the surveys) so I'd recommend them.
  • Thanks I will sign up to them
  • I logged into a survey this morning and it wanted to some how log into my phone to see what I did all day, as anyone done this.
  • eldanieleldaniel Forumite
    243 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I tend to stay away from this kind of surveys. First of all the rewards tend to be low to giving them so much of your privacy and second reason is that very often is extremely hard to track/proof your participation and get the actual reward.