Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• Nyarlathotep
    Options
    My bugbear is questions asking if a brand (ie Colgate, British Gas etc..) came to life, what would they be like as a person.

Also the ones where you have a circle with concentric lines and yourself in the middle, and you have to place the brand where you think it should be in terms of your relationship to it. I mean come on, who has a relationship with Colgate?

I love surveys really!:cool:
    nyarlathotep
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Do you think "brand A" is good to work for?
  • MinnieMouse1_2
    Options
    Anyone know any codes or links currently for Pinecone?
  • mycatstealschicken
    Options
    Good morning. I've been doing a few of these sites so will try to give you my opinions

Valued Opinions - Feast or famine with this one. I can go days without a survey then a few come along at once. They can be very bad about dq as you can get half way through a survey before they chuck you out. On the other hand they do credit you and they do pay. Sometimes you have to wait for a survey to credit but most are instant. Its £10 for a voucher except for Amazon Vouchers which they've recently put up to £15.

One Poll: Slow and steady wins the game. Check every day as there re nearly always surveys. Very rarely are they above 20p and normally 10p or 15p. Lovely short surveys thought and dq is usually after one or at most 3 questsions. Cash out at £40 so not one if you're after cash in a hurry.They pay cash into your bank account.

Toluna: Avoid this unless you like doing surveys a lot longer than stated then waiting 6 weeks and sometimes longer for them to be credited. They pay in points and they pay badly. You need 80000 for a £15 voucher and a typical 20 minute survey is 2400. I'll be claiming my voucher and stopping doing this at the earliest opportunity.

Pinecone I've not been doing this long but quite impressed. Only had 2 surveys but they pay £3 each. Be warned you are not allowed to claim pay pal for your first they send you luncheon vouchers of all things. Surveys seem to take about 20 minutes and lots of them result in being sent a produce to assess. I'm expecting something early next week from Fedex.

Mysurvey: I like this site. Points built up quite well but again its feast and famine in terms of the surveys. You have a good choice of rewards. I've had a £10 Amazon voucher and I'm now waiting for £10 paypal (for some reason they take up to 2 weeks to pay out paypal!)

Crowdology: Mixture of surveys some long some short. I get dq from quite a few of them but the ones I've managed to complete have been interesting and always credited quite quickly. Cash out to paypal at £4 BUT paypal take 2% admin charge. If registering with this one use the email address associated with your paypal account as they don't let you change it. Their site is very basic.

Panelbase: I am waiting to see what happens. I like their surveys though I do get thrown out of a lot of them but the ones I've completed have been very interesting (quite a lot of listening to clips from the radio). They do sometiems keep credits pending for a few days but not too bad. I've only been doing this since early September and I should be able to get my first £10 when they credit the £2.80 I got doing surveys last night. They pay be BACS.

Swagbucks - won't say much here as there's huge amounts of info on MSE but be warned they are slightly addictive. I started doing them early this year and lost interest then came back at teh end of August and managed to get a £25 amazon voucher in about 3 weeks. Now well on track to the next one.

Just the answer: Not really sure about this one yet. They send me the odd survey but seem a bit slow and dq me a lot. On the other hand you can withdraw at £5 so I'll stick with them until I've made that much at least.

You Gov: Not one if you want money in a hurry. Their cash out is £50 and they pay 50p a survey or thereabouts. I only seem to get one a week so maybe in a couple of years I'll have some extra cash at Christmas. On the ohter hand they do not dq you and the surveys are about social and political issues so quite interesting to do.

I think that's the lot. Not sure how helpful it will be but thoguht I'd add my views
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Crowdology: ... Cash out to paypal at £4 BUT paypal take 2% admin charge.

As a slight aside, does anyone know why they do this ? Crowdology seems to be the only site that charges a Paypal commission, I'm with other sites that pay via paypal and no commission is charged. Is it really Paypal that are making the charge, or is it Crowdology sneakily making a bit for themselves ?
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone know any codes or links currently for Pinecone?

Link is here, good luck.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    link does not work, link will only work when Pinecone are accepting sign ups

crowdology payments - depends which paypal account crowdology have and how they send payments out, IICR it's something to do with sending gifts and get charged, anyway it's nothing to stress about as its pennies
  • MinnieMouse1_2
    Options
    Thanks, but it isn't working at the mo.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a slight aside, does anyone know why they do this ? Crowdology seems to be the only site that charges a Paypal commission, I'm with other sites that pay via paypal and no commission is charged. Is it really Paypal that are making the charge, or is it Crowdology sneakily making a bit for themselves ?

Vivatic also charge commission if you use paypal. Never quite worked out why they charge
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Most likely the sites which pay out paypal will pay the charges themselves, and the ones which charge you decided to pass the paypal charge onto the user.

Gift-vouchers for the survey sites are probably the best value for money for them, as they buy a lot they probably get a discount (for example a £10 gift-voucher could only cost them £9), whereas £10 via Paypal would probably cost them £10.30
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback