Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• whattochoose
    Options
    Is Swagbucks the best of a bad bunch?
  • PurpleJelly
    Options
    Swagbucks is one of the worst for doing surveys, if your patience and plug away at the beginning you can make a little money, but they were a nightmare for disqualifications half way or even at the end of a survey and they don't want to pay you via Paypal. As for games and gambling - I didn't go near them.
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed when doing surveys in the last few months? When we are rejected from a survey (as we so often are!) regardless of the different starting pages from the different providers. The last few pages are often very familiar ones!
    I suspect that there are a small selection of sites, that you might term 'dumping grounds', that are just for that! Dumping us, albeit with sensible questions, but the same questions! So it saves the original survey provider having to manage the way they get rid of their responsibility! They just send us, when they have enough responses, to the 'dumping ground' and have washed their hands of us.
    Any thoughts?

Nigel
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    I had some trouble with Opinionworld recently - since the end of March I hadn't received any surveys by e-mail, and all of the surveys on my account page kept saying they had already been completed. The other day I got an e-mail from them because my account had been suspended - probably due to me rushing through the surveys or not answering them properly because I was fed up of the surveys being too long, not letting me leave questions blank or getting the same surveys over and over again - the problems I've been having for years - I keep on telling the survey companies but they never listen.
    It's just happened again.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    Gizmo72 said:
    I had some trouble with Opinionworld recently - since the end of March I hadn't received any surveys by e-mail, and all of the surveys on my account page kept saying they had already been completed. The other day I got an e-mail from them because my account had been suspended - probably due to me rushing through the surveys or not answering them properly because I was fed up of the surveys being too long, not letting me leave questions blank or getting the same surveys over and over again - the problems I've been having for years - I keep on telling the survey companies but they never listen.
    It's just happened again.
    Just got an e-mail from Opinionworld - apparently the problem was I had two accounts - one I started in about 2007 and one I started in 2021 - and they've asked me to tell them to close one but I'm not sure which one is my main one.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
  • FDigital
    Options
    WARNING TO EVERYONE USING SURVEY SITES.  I have be using these sites for a while now and yes you can earn, some are better than others but MOST of them at some point will rip you off not only farming your information, not paying you for long surveys etc etc But even if you have been with them for a while they will lock you out of your account when you are due a payment. The ones that claim to pass on points to charity are lying further investigation will show that they are not registered to do that which means the money goes in their pocket. Also, they have people set up on sites like site jabber, Trustpilot and even survey police to post fake reviews so do full research. My best and my personal advice would be to just stay a month or two earn  and cash in as soon as its possible and move on. These companies are based in India not UK or USA, so those group company pictures are not real, not much is. 
    If you are ripped off the best and only way to get your own back is reviews, reviews review, that's where it will hurt, but don't waste time because there is nothing you can do about getting money you have earned back - so as it says in the guide don't build up too much, cash up and move on. You can also report them to scam investigation sites, some of whom will investigate and will involve police in some cases. Good Luck everyone.
    It's not all negative. Using these sites I managed to boost my income every year.. You need to have a system in place. A special email address was set up for the survey websites. The details are fake there and for all surveys, I don't care, I move as fast as I can, they reject me, I move to the next...my target is £5/day (ex:qmee) depending on time and mood.  I cash out with PayPal, amazon cards.. The only ones serious and real and use in the last 10 years is Y LIVE (previously PopulusLive)  Every year I make a minimum of 6 (£50 each) checks with them.

Mindset system: Research your financial goals and find out what options you have. In light of the 5% interest rate, for example, everyone becomes crazy about saving. This is rubbish - instead of blocking £1000 in a savings account for example 5% a year --Barclays, Atom, etc. - for 12 months, to get £50. It's easy to make £50 bucks with QMEE in a month and do something else with £1000 . B)
  • Makingabobor2
    Options
    FDigital said:
    WARNING TO EVERYONE USING SURVEY SITES.  I have be using these sites for a while now and yes you can earn, some are better than others but MOST of them at some point will rip you off not only farming your information, not paying you for long surveys etc etc But even if you have been with them for a while they will lock you out of your account when you are due a payment. The ones that claim to pass on points to charity are lying further investigation will show that they are not registered to do that which means the money goes in their pocket. Also, they have people set up on sites like site jabber, Trustpilot and even survey police to post fake reviews so do full research. My best and my personal advice would be to just stay a month or two earn  and cash in as soon as its possible and move on. These companies are based in India not UK or USA, so those group company pictures are not real, not much is. 
    If you are ripped off the best and only way to get your own back is reviews, reviews review, that's where it will hurt, but don't waste time because there is nothing you can do about getting money you have earned back - so as it says in the guide don't build up too much, cash up and move on. You can also report them to scam investigation sites, some of whom will investigate and will involve police in some cases. Good Luck everyone.
    It's not all negative. Using these sites I managed to boost my income every year.. You need to have a system in place. A special email address was set up for the survey websites. The details are fake there and for all surveys, I don't care, I move as fast as I can, they reject me, I move to the next...my target is £5/day (ex:qmee) depending on time and mood.  I cash out with PayPal, amazon cards.. The only ones serious and real and use in the last 10 years is Y LIVE (previously PopulusLive)  Every year I make a minimum of 6 (£50 each) checks with them.

Mindset system: Research your financial goals and find out what options you have. In light of the 5% interest rate, for example, everyone becomes crazy about saving. This is rubbish - instead of blocking £1000 in a savings account for example 5% a year --Barclays, Atom, etc. - for 12 months, to get £50. It's easy to make £50 bucks with QMEE in a month and do something else with £1000 . B)
    Just looked at YLIVE that you mentioned, says they pay out through bank....not giving my bank details to some random company
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £20.55/£155            
    NSDs May 4/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• FDigital
    Options
    YLive has two options: bank transfer or cheque.
  • Lexie_M
    Lexie_M Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't had any ipsos surveys in ages. Has anyone else had this? I used to get at least 3-5 a day.
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    nandrews said:
    That's good to hear. How do you deal with the (all too frequent) rejections and the wasting of so much time in partial completes?
    I don't do surveys on Qmee. They just waste your time. I do searches on ebay and wait until I've got a few pounds before cashing out. Prolific Academic rarely wastes your time. I sometimes have to return surveys due to technical errors but not often. If you read the description of the survey you can tell immediately if you'll be able to complete it. I cashed out £59 on PA on Monday and today (Friday) my account has £10.17 in it with a small amount pending. I make at least £12 a week. I also do y-live surveys and next month I'll be paid £50 from them. That's around £100 or more in a month just from surveys.

Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure