13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Options

Comments

• maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    No probs x they look lovley x
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    they look lovely carlamarie
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • jakesbakescakes
    Options
    carlamarie - your frames look lovely..
    ...and thanks lladies for the hints on uploading pics - i will try to sort out my flikr account and have a go too once ive finished the shawl i'm (still!!) working on xxx
  • Verityemilia
    Verityemilia Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    Carlamarie .... Absolutely beautiful ... Well done :T :T :T
    Seal pot challenge no 7- :) # 331 Saved £140 SPC - Target £30
    Grocery challenge - £100 a week
    Weekly Spend Challenge - £40 :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Well done on the picture frames Carlamarie - would it work if you coated them in pva as an alternative to varnish and then when it dried it would be clear and hard. Haven't done it myself but have heard others say about it.

I love the sound of the CK chairs Verityemilia - could be worth a go with a small shelf unit I've got if it's as straightforward as Carlamarie said.

The baby blanket is lovely Mrs M and how cute are the roadkill hedgehogs - hope we get to see them when they're all stuffed.

Soulie - thinking of you today and hoping you aren't feeling too awful. As you've already got an angel, how about a hug :grouphug:.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i actually used pva slightly watered down as the glue so not sure if another coat of it would work or be worth it?
    i think you need the varnish to be able to wipe things down to clean/dust, unless theres another reason that im missing!

im anxious to get started on my next project now, i cant believe im actually completing things, its very un-like me! i tend to start loads of things and throw them out a few months later as there just taking up space sitting there halfdone!
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • carlamarie_2
    carlamarie_2 Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ooh peppapig ive just re-read your thread and remembered i have about 10 shelves up in the loft which were left in this house when we moved in. we want shelves in the kids rooms but havent put them up as they either look really cheap or are marked and tatty looking.
    youve just given me the idea to decopatch them in the kids fav colours! save buying all new.
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • Soulie
    Soulie Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Love Tinkerbell - posted on the cafe thread in more detail about that though.

Love the decopatched frames too. I would have been tempted to sand them a little and paint them a contrasting colour then wire brush them for the shabby chic look, but they look really good as they are, plus I suppose it depends on what the person likes that you are giving them to :D

Chemo went REALLY well, didn't take half as long as last time, plus I had my dressing changed which took half an hour but she repositioned my line, so instead of it draping downwards towards my hand it now lays across my arm, so whether that had anything to do with the poison going through quicker I dodn't know, and the first flush went through in 30 mins, the second in 20 mins or so, and not the hour it took last time! Even both the chemo meds went through a lot quicker, and I was done and home by 3.15pm!

Will update everyone later as I'm going back to bed for a bit :D
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May
    Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read all Unread Books: 20 / 47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

• maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Glad things were quicker for you soulie and enjoy your sleep x
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    carlamarie wrote: »
    hopefully this one will work

8518671670_c94a2dac00.jpg
    SAM_0278 by carlamariecraft, on Flickr

forgot to take a pic before i had started but heres one done and the other two waiting to be done, note the smashed in corners which made me decide to do this!

8518612518_9105b12cf1.jpg
    SAM_0279 by carlamariecraft, on Flickr

the strings and backing still need to go in, but you get the idea!
    . They look wonderful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport