Currys PC World not paying out promotional offer

Options

Comments

• techno79
    Options
    Thought I'd add a follow up post on what happened. I wrote a letter to the complaints department at Dixons/PC World and printed off the saved web pages I had of the offer at the time. I highlighted the numerous places where the offer was advertised as "Any case". A couple of weeks later (just before I was about to follow the letter up) I received a call from the complaints department. They gave me a sincere apology regarding the hassle and arranged for the finance department to give me a call and transfer the cashback directly into my account. The very next day, I did indeed get a call from the finance department and within a couple of days the money came through to my account.

Overall, I think there was a large disconnect of details of the offer between PC World and the 3rd party company handling the cashback (Opia Ltd). Looking back, most of the issues and hassle was caused at the Opia end. It was very difficult to get in touch with them and they were extremely evasive. The interaction I had with PC World directly was quite smooth and somewhat hassle free. This has somewhat restored my faith in PC World/Dixons and I will not be excluding them from consideration for future purchases.

Anyway, a happy conclusion to what should have been a straightforward promotion. Glad it's sorted and behind me.

Anyway, thought I'd share the end result in case anyone else in future stumbles upon this topic when faced with a similar situation. For the cost of a 2nd class stamp and a bit of time writing a well thought out letter, it's worth complaining about when you feel you've been misled.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, it's always useful when people update us.
  • Lea_mcfc
    Options
    Well I've done everything they asked and today finally I've had my cheque... But wait for it, it's not for £80 it's for £30, I've looked and it does say up to £80 cash back on the leaflet but I can remember the staff saying it would be £80. Where does it say what cash back they allow?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lea_mcfc wrote: »
    Where does it say what cash back they allow?
    It's in the link mentioned in the original post...
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cashbac...ommercial.html
    In there you will see that it depends on what device you have purchased.

To get £80 you need to have bought a 10" Samsung tablet and claim £30 from Currys and £50 from Samsung.

As stated on that link...
    Buy a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10” tablet or Samsung Note 10” tablet and case for Currys and or PC World and claim £30 cashback from Currys/PC World and £50 cashback from Samsung.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck getting the Samsung cashback. I'm still waiting for mine for a tablet purchase made before Christmas, despite it being validated well over a month ago.
  • matty538
    Options
    Ive had both claims validated and im still waiting on both payments. Tablet was purchased in November. So your not alone neilmcl.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    matty538 wrote: »
    Ive had both claims validated and im still waiting on both payments. Tablet was purchased in November. So your not alone neilmcl.
    FYI I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and was promised payment in 7 days. Guess what, still nothing. :(
  • sekrapa
    sekrapa Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I've done everything they asked and today finally I've had my cheque... But wait for it, it's not for £80 it's for £30, I've looked and it does say up to £80 cash back on the leaflet but I can remember the staff saying it would be £80. Where does it say what cash back they allow?

£30 cashback from Currys/PC World for purchasing a case with the tablet, and £50 cashback from Samsung.

You should have entered your details on both the Currys/PC World cashback website as well as the Samsung one.

Claimed o the 7th January. Had my £30 cheque from Currys on Saturday but still waiting for the Samsung one. Contacted them and they said there was a huge demand and is taking longer than anticipated, should be paid in the bank in the next 7-10 days.
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

https://curryspcworldcashback.com/uk/en/pages/cashback/how-it-works

Have you filled in both forms as the website states?
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • scandlin
    Options
    Hi All. I am having a different problem. I have claimed the cashback through the currys online form, received validation and received a cheque. The problem is that the cheque is for £20 but the offer for the tablet/case combination i bought stated £50. I am in the process of challenging Currys through their claim system but going round in circles. I am gettingte feeling they are hoping i will get bored and simply go away.... Anyone else getting similar issues?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure