IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice req over PCN, Court Papers

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    Fill them in defend all the case.
    then file a counter claim for £5000 Compensation damages for harassment and failure to make adjustments under theDisability Discrimination act and equalities act:
    That due to not making correct provisions for your disabled passenger The Landowner and parking company have failed in statutory duty to make reasonable adjustments for the disabled person travelling (medical details and statement provided) That by thus seeking to charge financial damages and unlawful penalties to the Disabled Person and they carer they have brought harassment upon both parties (details attached)
    That the case filed by parking company is also defended upon the basis that they have no right of Audiance to bring trespass tort claims upon land they do not own and in any event these damages claims are an unlawful penalty charge and not a pre-requisite estimation of damages suffered by either party.
    That the parking company acting as agents to the landowner are attempting to enforce road traffic regulations with respect to Blue parking badges that have no effect upon private land, therefore no penalty can be payable,
    I request the court here my defence and consider my counter claim for failure to make amendments for my passenger under the stated acts and subsequent harrasment in their demand for monies and illicit contractual penalties.

Send it back and watch them drop the case like a hot brick.

That is right, it is a disability law breach because of the unjustified harassment of a person who was legally allowed to use the disabled bay provided.

Worth a try but just to say that the law to cite is the Equality Act 2010, not the 'Disability Discrimination act' (no longer exists as it's within the new legislation now) and nor is it the 'equalities act'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    outah, devere a.well known name.

Don't forget to make sure that the car park owner shopping centre is aware should you take out three action above, send the information to them and the local press and media.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lets hope the OP comes back to read the above advice, they are not on pepipoo yet.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • tobeloy
    tobeloy Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 January 2013 at 6:43PM
    Options
    Thankyou all for your replies and suggestions, I will post pictures of the docs later when I finish work I can tell you that they are from Northampton county Court and was going to call them on Monday to check if this is genuine and not a photocopy doc to try to scare a response.

In my haste posting yesterday I didn't mention that it was actually a work vehicle ie taxi when this occurred so not sure if that makes any difference.

The ticket was not appealed as from looking at other threads on here the best course of action seemed to ignore.

The case looks like its being heard in Northampton looking at the docs but that's just glancing at them, the papers do have a stamp on the right hand side of them and they do look like they have been filled out officially but this could be a ploy.

The passenger was aware of the ticket and offered to pay the fine but this was refused and am trying to not have them involved as I don't want to cause them any unnecessary worry.

I will be online later and will be able to answer any further questions,I will also post on the other suggested website later, thanks massively for all your advice :)
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    tobeloy wrote: »
    The case looks like its being heard in Northampton

Only if you sit on your hands, ignore it and let it go to a default judgment.

If you defend the claim, then the case will automatically be moved to your 'local' court.

Post on pepipoo as advised ASAP. Please don't ignore that piece of advice. The people there can give you the best chance of defeating this.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed Northampton is just the default/admin court until you file defence/ allocation questionaire etc
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This could well open up a whole new problem for the ppc's if a case is made under the Equality Act :D
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Maybe a way to deal with Devere is always use the sham appeal and insist on popla if its turned down, I think you'll find that they won't want to pay the fee and will drop it more often.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    Maybe a way to deal with Devere is always use the sham appeal and insist on popla if its turned down, I think you'll find that they won't want to pay the fee and will drop it more often.

Already gone past the appeal process as its now lodged with the county court ! Let it go all the way and make fools out of them.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did it go to popla? Can't see that it did. Can it go to court directly without popla when they are on AOS?

just noticed no dates so above question may be moot.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure