RSPCA Exposed.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Pupnik
    Pupnik Posts: 452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The RSPCA is a terrible organisation. They should spend more time going after the countless puppy farms and backyard breeders - just go on anywhere like Preloved or Gumtree and see all the hundreds of Staffie puppies being sold there, and try and reduce the amount of unwanted dogs being brought into this world in the first place. It makes me sick when I see uncastrated male dogs (always staffies!) wandering around off a lead. I have nothing against staffies and I would adopt one without a problem but I bet the majority of those dogs the RSPCA put down are unwanted staffies because they just seem to attract owners who don't care about their wellbeing.
  • blueybug
    blueybug Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    RSPCA are a BUSINESS not a CHARITY thats all you need to know.

I watched one of their "sad puppy dog eyes" adverts on the TV last night and thought "wow".

The MD must need a new house or something.

Support your LOCAL shelters people, these are the ones picking up the !!!!! from the RSPCA.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2013 at 12:13AM
    Options
    Statistical clarification:-

RSPCA destroys less than half the animals it takes in;

Each year it re-homes 67,500 animals, but has to prevent the continuing suffering of 50,000 for medical reasons through euthenasia. it does however, due to lack of cashflow funding lack the space to house a further 2.8% of animals leading to non-medical euthenasia.

So, 2.8% of the animals are "destroyed" for non-medical reasons.

Incidentally, that "death sentence" picture of a bolt gun could be used on the packaging for every meat product (I'm quite keen on eating meat btw) - do they have a pic of a fox being "culled" by a pack of hounds for comparative purposes, so that that "the countryside alliance" can been seem in the same way
    (don't really object that much to fox hunting either, although I can see the cruelty point ; the merits of culling the weak are valid but a bit odd though - why would farmers want the healthiest foxes to survive?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure