Ja-NEW-ary 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

Options

Comments

• hostie
    hostie Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    I have a serious Pret habit which can cost me around £7 a day / £35 a week! I'd like to join, no need to add me to any lists as I don't have much discipline. I think I'll start by aiming for two sandwiches a week...and any extra will be a bonus. I'm also veggie - so I'll try to be a cheese and pickle sarnie girl.
    24.06.14 12 st 12 lb (waist 45" at fattest part of belly)
    7.10.14 11 st 9 lb
    26.02.15 12 st 5 1/2 lb
    27.05.15 11 st 5.6 lb
    4.8.17 11 st 1lb
    Target weight: 10 1/2 stone
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello: Hi hostie and welcome, that's fine if you don't want to go on the list.

If you end up making any weird and wonderful concoctions then let us know, big cheesy grin for you :D. I think I'll get some pickle too and join you.

2 sarnies a week is great, no-one has to take packed lunch everyday, it's just some of us want to. And wow to the Pret habit, that's like smoking 20 a day!
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • kittiej
    Options
    Hey vics thanks for the soup base, I think I might have to try this out!

I need to practice what I preach and get me a food flask, fortunately my bd is in Jan so I'll ask hubby to get me one.
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • km1977
    km1977 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Yes £20 is great x hostie I used to have a really bad starbucks habbit would go for breakfast lunch and a coffee on the way to the bank when I cashed up at the end of the day please to say I have it no more x
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been taking my lunch to work with me for years ! (even before I was in debt !), I also take my own soft drinks into work with me as well.

My one luxury (every friday) is to have a sausage & bacon toastie (with sauce) on toast - its well worth the £2.85 !
  • kittiej
    Options
    Good morning everyone, is everyone looking forward to 1st Jan? I am I can't wait.

Will any of you be working on NYD itself? I don't go back until 3rd Jan so need to get some supplies in ready.

km, your starbucks habit must have cost you a fortune!

Welcome antonic, it's great to have input from anyone who wants to pop in :)
  • loobylou2
    Options
    Can I join in this thread too please? I desperately need to save some money and think that one of the ways I could do it would be by reducing my food spend at work. I think I spend around five pounds a day at work on food but it could if I'm honest be even more than this. I usually have breakfast and lunch there and work a really strange shift pattern but it averages out at around 4 and a half days a week. I buy drinks at work as well but am trying to give up my Coca Cola habit and switch to water instead. Any help or encouragement offered would be much appreciated!!!!
    loobylou2.Proud to be dealing with my debts and aiming to sort out the mess in 2013!!!!:eek:
  • kittiej
    Options
    :hello:Welcome loubylou, yes come and join us, do you want me to put you down for a saving amount? Might give you something to aim for, otherwise you are welcome to drop in whenever you like :)
  • Candlewick
    Options
    Hi hostie

I love Pret too and it's so convenient to where I work (they are everywhere in town). Their mushroom risotto soup is to die for.

I think I will have a mooch about and find a recipe but I know it won't taste the same :-(

kittiej

I saw you on the NSD thread. I am not stalking you, I promise!!

CW
    NSD Challenge 2015: Jan 20 / 20 (2 x 5 in-a-row) / Feb 5 / 12 (4 in-a-row) :D

Lesson learnt from 2012: I cannot be trusted to credit card stooze!

Barclaycard at 2 / 02 / 2015 [STRIKE]£4,600[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4540[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4250[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£4000[/STRIKE] £3250 need to pay it off by 08 / 2015 before mortgage completion
  • kittiej
    Options
    That's OK cw, any bit of attention is fine by me so stalk away :rotfl:

That soup sounds lush!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure