Average a £-a-day from surveys challenge.

patman99
patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
edited 16 February 2013 at 6:46PM in Boost your income
Right, Here is an easy challenge. Can you average at least £1 a day doing surveys ?.
It doesn't matter if the payout is in cash or vouchers, so long as the total on 25th Dec. 2013 is greater than £365.

My total since I started this yesterday is £4.25

Some sites give you points rather than '£'s. These usually equate to 1p per point in value, so for totting-up can be treated as 'cash'.
Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

Comments

• £4.25 is good going! I do regularly do surveys when I get mails or I may attempt a few extra some days but I don't qualify for many. I think I know why but that's not important. I probably make £1 a day.

Are you going purely off surveys though? Or are you including survey sites which also have points for other things like Swagbucks?

How many surveys would you say you qualify for out of 10? I'm guessing you had a few cancel on you and spent some time on them?
  • Is there a list somewhere of all the decent survey sites?
    Mortgage start date 19 January 2018, end Jan 2043.
    Owed £38,000/£38,000
  • I challenge myself to make £2.50 a day from surveys/swag bucks etc. I find over the month it averages to that. I have just received a PayPal payment for £80 from one survey site. I am putting all my 'extra' income into a separate account as part of my £3,650 in 2013 challenge (£10 a day). I have started by opening my sealed tin and £2 coin jar and have £450 already, so am half way through February!

Stressed xxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • KazLA
    KazLA Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I need something to motivate me back into surveys, I keep looking at them, but think its a waste of my time. Perhaps this challenge will help. Tend to do valued opinions as payment is clear, but need to top up my ipsos, my survey & global test accounts too. Also look at some of the shorter, lower paid ones, started the one that just gives you 10p or whatever for single screens, but not done that for a while either. Also started vivatic, but not really got into it.

Wonder if I'm spreading myself too widely and doing a little (or nothing!) of everything is perhaps not the best way? Should I concentrate on one site? How do you tend to do it & how much time do you spend?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    post 6 is spam , also flags up as "suspicious site" when I attempt to go visit it ;)

if I am post 6 then its gone !!
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • how do you do research on ipsos?

i joined ages ago and cant see anything about doing surveys?
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    KazLA wrote: »
    I need something to motivate me back into surveys, I keep looking at them, but think its a waste of my time. Perhaps this challenge will help. Tend to do valued opinions as payment is clear, but need to top up my ipsos, my survey & global test accounts too. Also look at some of the shorter, lower paid ones, started the one that just gives you 10p or whatever for single screens, but not done that for a while either. Also started vivatic, but not really got into it.

Wonder if I'm spreading myself too widely and doing a little (or nothing!) of everything is perhaps not the best way? Should I concentrate on one site? How do you tend to do it & how much time do you spend?

I am part of a lot (above 20) and get an average of 20-30 emails a day, but I categorise them in my head, I have ones that pay well, ones that are usually interesting, ones that I think are not worth it etc but I pick and choose which ones I want to do. I am not the world's most dedicated but when I'm not doing anything else, I look at my surveys. I look to earn £3.50 a day (not always possible) on surveys alone +50p from swagbucks. I may not get it everyday but some days I get over £10 : ) But this is only my experience obviously.

Bubble gum, that sounds weird... Have you tried emailing? SOmetimes registration can go wrong.
  • I am part of a lot (above 20) and get an average of 20-30 emails a day, but I categorise them in my head, I have ones that pay well, ones that are usually interesting, ones that I think are not worth it etc but I pick and choose which ones I want to do. I am not the world's most dedicated but when I'm not doing anything else, I look at my surveys. I look to earn £3.50 a day (not always possible) on surveys alone +50p from swagbucks. I may not get it everyday but some days I get over £10 : ) But this is only my experience obviously.

Bubble gum, that sounds weird... Have you tried emailing? SOmetimes registration can go wrong.

how much time do you spend per day on the survey sites to generate that sort of money?
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    surrey_jim wrote: »
    how much time do you spend per day on the survey sites to generate that sort of money?

It varies wildly, today it took 30 minutes to get £3 (one survey) and then another 30 minutes to get the last 50p. Today isn't a normal day though. Um, I'm going to say 3 hours is the average, but I never sacrifice my activities to do surveys, I go out on average 3 times a week (excluding work), sometimes more often, and I never look at that time as wasted because I should have been doing surveys.

I think the key is to ease into it. The more surveys you do, the more opportunities you get, I got invited to do 3-4 product tests this last month plus a 4 day (£20) activity!

Additionally, I keep track of what I earn using to-do lists (just in word) which is quite motivating but I have started to keep track of when I get payment in excel. Also motivating.

I do apologise for the waffle :eek:
  • how do you do research on ipsos?

i joined ages ago and cant see anything about doing surveys?

do you know which Ipsos site you have joined?.They seem to have a few different types of panels.I started on a community one which was prize draws for comments and short polls,then now do
    ipsos acess panels for surveys paid in points and often product tests as well.
    http://www.iap-interactive.com/default.aspx?language=en-GB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport