🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DotComGiftShop SALE now on - Up to 90% off!!

Options

Comments

• moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    Bluefire wrote: »
    My order arrived today & I'm thrilled, it was like Christmas all over again! Ordered a lot of vintage things for my kitchen & they're just lovely. Happy customer here!
    I am planning on saving up as I adore so much stuff on that site, mainly the kitchen items. I only bought vintage jelly moulds and cake cases this time but I really want the money tins and milk bottles in particular! :)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • bargainsearcher
    Options
    Has anyone ever bought a charlotte bag from them. For £1.00, they look lovely and could make nice stocking fillers, just wondering if they were tat.
  • Thriftygifty
    Thriftygifty Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    My order arrived this morning which is good service. However, their stuff really is tat. Whilst what I've bought is ok (just ok) for what I've paid in the sale, if I'd paid their original prices, everything would be going back as it would be extremely poor value for money.

This is the second time I've been disappointed so I wont be ordering from them again, sale or no sale.

Ditto! Was very excited about my order until I opened the box! Everythings going back apart from the stickers which are smaller than I thought but are okay for 10p and some of the rubbers. Think it's hit and miss what you order but won't be ordering again, plus postage is expensive least returns are free!
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    savykate wrote: »
    I've ordered many times, always in the sales and been very happy with what I've bought, only been disappointed with a couple of small things. Must depend on what you order :)

Same here! Received my latest order today and am very pleased with what I've got for the price paid. Have ordered many times over the years (mostly in sales) and only been disappointed with a handful of items, mostly poor quality printed plastic items, but pretty much everything else I've loved. I've always found their tin items, recycled storage bags and fabric bunting to be especially great.

This time around I'm most chuffed with the vintage style Christmas biscuit tins, Christmas storage bag and gorgeous little spice tins. Bought more of the 10p rubbers also as I wished I'd bought more in the last Sale.

I agree that their products can be a bit hit and miss (despite the fact that I hardly ever spot negative reviews on their site) and many items are very overpriced at full price but I've never received anything so bad I wanted to return it....and most of my purchases are so lovely they just make me want to go back and order more! I'm definitely a fan overall :)
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone ever bought a charlotte bag from them. For £1.00, they look lovely and could make nice stocking fillers, just wondering if they were tat.

I have a few for taking packed lunches to work (perfect size, more than strong enough to carry tins of soup/cans of drink etc and I can wipe over the inside if needs be). A few of my colleagues also bought one after seeing mine as they loved them so much.

I think they're great and especially love the strawberry design. I think the crinkly, stiff material they're made from (recycled plastic bottles!) may put some people off as they don't really feel/look 'luxurious' and are quite a basic design but they're practial, look cute, are value for money and eco-friendly and have lots of handy uses!

If you're not sure perhaps look out for them (or the jumbo sized ones which are basically bigger versions of the same thing) in gift shops etc. I often see these around and I know Cargo sell the jumbo versions if that helps you at all.
  • bargainsearcher
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. The strawberry one is definately the one I will go for - looks really cute. Will order today.
  • craftysarah
    Options
    I received my 2nd order yesterday and I too am really pleased. I agree that some things aren't worth the full price but I've only ever bought in the sale and am always happy.

In fact I have just placed my 3rd order for some more of the jumbo storage bags, they are huge and perfect for storing christmas decorations in, I was disappointed I only ordered 2 so have just ordered some more!!
    LBM Jan 2011, Debt Free Sept 2017 - best feeling ever :)
  • Middlestitch
    Middlestitch Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

My order arrived today and the charlotte bags are great - perfect size for youngsters (or oldsters wanting a small bag for lunch etc) and the zip top is a bonus; nothing falls out.

The cotton tote bags at £1 are fab value - I've got the 'I love London' one and wish I'd ordered several.

Very pleased with all I ordered, although I agree with other comments about the full price of some items being way over the top. At sale prices there's nothing I received that I'd complain about.
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    I received my 2nd order yesterday and I too am really pleased. I agree that some things aren't worth the full price but I've only ever bought in the sale and am always happy.

In fact I have just placed my 3rd order for some more of the jumbo storage bags, they are huge and perfect for storing christmas decorations in, I was disappointed I only ordered 2 so have just ordered some more!!

I am regretting only ordering 3!
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    Is everyone getting their orders OK? I am getting a bit worried about mine as the status section does not appear to change. I contacted them and they said 7-10 days and that I would get an email with tracking details once it was on the way but still have not heard anything.

I like Rex International products that I have bought from other places in the past so was looking forward to stocking up on some bits but now a bit concerned about the long wait as I need some of the items for a Jan birthday :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport