Anyone tried Paint Runner?

Options

Comments

• crafty_canuk
    Options
    Bought the Paint Runner from Coopers of Stortford and am so disappointed with the product, not mention furious because Coopers standard of 'customer service' seems to be non-existent. The Paint Runner is a piece of junk. We used it properly, cleaned it (using tons of water, can't wait to see the bill!), soaked it for 3 days and now cannot use it because half of the pad has turned hard as a rock. Useless. Back to the roller and brush. We are also asking for a refund from Coopers and if we don't get one, will go to trading standards as the product is 'not fit for purpose'. We usually never buy 'trendy' things and now can see why. Never again!! I am so grumpy at this moment I would cheerfully throw the thing away, except is cost £30. DON'T BUY IT UNLESS YOU ONLY WANT TO USE IT ONCE!! Thanks.
  • dander
    dander Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought the paint runner at the ideal home a few years back and have mixed feelings about it - it takes some getting used to to get it working properly. For instance, I found that you actually need to dilute the paint to get it to work, which wasn't mentioned on the instructions, it takes a bit of trial and error to get the consistency right. It means it takes more coats because you're putting a thinner layer on, but the thinner paint dries out quickly and it's not too much trouble to do. Once you've got the consistency right, you do fly through the painting with it because you just keep rolling - I mixed the paint in a big jug, so it was very quick to refil when you need to.

However, as people have said it is heavy, so it does build up the old muscles. I would definitely keep on using it for doing a big, redecorating a big room kind of job, and do the old wrap the roller in a bag trick if you think it'll take more than one day. But for smaller jobs, touching up here and there, I wouldn't bother.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Anyone tried the Paint Wizard Pro? (http://www.pitchwell.com/Shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=197) it's similar to the Paint Runner and its "recommended by Tommy Walsh".
  • rich7673
    Options
    I have just painted my hall stairs and landing in two hours with the paint runner,that might seem a long time,except , I have done TWO coats in that time, it appears the thing to do is to soak the roller first and then let it dry to damp,then when you use the paint (I used B and Q matt emulsion, ensure you thin it out to 3/4 paint 1/4 water,stir it well, and away you go. Brilliant if it is used correctly AND prepared as stated. I did my bedroom with it new and unsoaked, it was a nightmare ! But, no drips splashes , minimal mess when setting up and cleaning is a doddle leaving it under a running tap to clean.
  • welshdeedee
    welshdeedee Posts: 27,496 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just one question to those of you who have used this rollers. Does it really not splash? Thanks.
    [STRIKE]30:22[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]30:07[/STRIKE]
    29:07
  • welshdeedee
    welshdeedee Posts: 27,496 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are on ebay at the mo for £29.99 is this about right?

Thanks
    [STRIKE]30:22[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]30:07[/STRIKE]
    29:07
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Netto sold them recently for £8.
  • tomkerrane
    Options
    You can get 2 for £29.99 plus £5 delivery from idealworld.tv - I don't know if it's any good yet though.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I got one off eBay. They are rubbish. Still makes a mess. Just keep to brushes.
  • Christy
    Christy Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    I have been DIY painting for many years and believe me - This is the best option I have ever found. It's only as messy as the person who uses it. The cutting in tool is rubbish but the main roller is worth it's weight in gold.
    :T
    A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure