Accounts Missing from Nationwide Online Banking

Options
Most of my accounts have disappeared from Nationwide online Banking. My credit card is still visible, but my FlexAccount and savings account have all disappeared. I've emailed them to get it corrected, but does anyone have any idea why it might have happened in the first place? They've all been sitting there very happily for the last 5+ years until now!

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    This would generally happen when they are doing maintenance on the online bank.

Wait until tomorrow, and they may well be back.
  • ChristmasTree
    Options
    Sorry, I should have said, they've been missing for over a week now.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I should have said, they've been missing for over a week now.

Stupid question time...

Have you asked Nationwide?

I would imagine they have a internet banking helpdesk to contact.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • ChristmasTree
    Options
    Yes, I've emailed them but it takes 48 hours for them to reply. I was just wondering if anyone would know if I'd done anything to cause it - so that I could undo it ASAP and not have to wait 48 hours to get a reply.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, I've emailed them but it takes 48 hours for them to reply. I was just wondering if anyone would know if I'd done anything to cause it - so that I could undo it ASAP and not have to wait 48 hours to get a reply.

I know it's a really weird idea, but how about picking up the phone and calling them?
  • nedsram_2
    nedsram_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I know that this thread is old, but my FlexDirect account has just vanished. I completed online forms to report this, but I do find it rather alarming that this has happened, as for instance I can't check my balance and recent transactions, or transfer money between accounts or to another party.
  • DevCoder
    DevCoder Posts: 3,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can do telephone banking to achieve those.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nedsram wrote: »
    I know that this thread is old, but my FlexDirect account has just vanished.

Here's a more recent one about this problem occurring over the past weekend.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4725596
  • Shania65
    Options
    All my accounts have disappeared today. I am in Cyprus for 3 months. It has cost me £10 trying to get through as I need access to my money but this has been unsuccessful! I have just email complained to Nationwide asking them why I have to go to MSE to find out about clicking on 'service availability' when all they have to do is flag up that internet banking is unavailable?
    Perhaps there is more money in it for them leaving it the way it is?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure