jimmyay Posts: 117 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2015 at 8:46AM
    Options
    This is so appalling.
    :j
  • keg1keg
    keg1keg Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    It's so very tempting to stop making payments - we too are desperately trying to keep our heads above water but I would be concerned about how this would affect our credit history.
  • Fizzy_Fish
    Fizzy_Fish Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2015 at 12:37PM
    Options
    Jimmyay I share a lot of your frustrations and sentiments, especially regarding the amount that we've paid back over the last 10 yrs!

And it's great to have a bit of fighting spirit out there too:beer:

The trouble is that this sort of plan could have significant implications, for you or anyone else who decides to follow your suggestion. I for one can't afford to stuff up my credit record by not making my repayments. And no one gave a damn when we kicked up a fuss 2 yrs ago, so why would they take any notice of some people joining the ranks of a load of others all across the country who are missing repayments for other reasons?!

The rates have come down so much from other lenders in recent years, is there any chance you could move some if not all of the balance elsewhere to lessen the overall cost?
  • NorthernRockVictim
    Options
    I would strongly advise that nobody stops making payments because there would be no overall affect. Less than 300 of us actually made formal complaints, so there's not a hope of mass support. It's all very frustrating, but unfortunately we'll all have to sit it out patiently. On the plus side the interest is racking up, so if they lose the case then the payments to each of us will be a greater amount.
  • Lippyx
    Lippyx Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    We all know how frustrating it is, and just as you think there is light at the end of this long tunnel, its seems to slowly fade out again!! I can't stop paying even if I wanted to as NR took me to court and have an attachment of earnings on me, so until something is finaly and I have a case to have the AOE removed, I'm stuck with paying it. To top it off I've been "kindly" left with this whole debt as my ex screwed me over, told me it had been paid when we split, when actually it hadn't, used the money for him self and then stopped paying the repayments. This meant NR tracked ME down years later, took ME to court (he didn't show up) and because I am PAYE and he is "self employed" they can force me to pay, but he doesn't have to pay a thing!!

Its bloody frustrating and I hope this whole thing is resolved soon, as I'm not sure how much longer I take it!

I emailed my contact at NR last week, as he still hasn't replied to my email regarding the unregulation (which was sent just before the court hearing), but he still hasn't responded.... no surprise there!! I plan to just email him every week!!
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What is the best email to send to to update address details?
  • bigfudge
    Options
    I hope everyone has already complained to the ombudsman as each complaint cost nram £500 and if all 40,000 complain that's £20,000,000
  • NorthernRockVictim
    Options
    bigfudge wrote: »
    I hope everyone has already complained to the ombudsman as each complaint cost nram £500 and if all 40,000 complain that's £20,000,000

Just less than 300 of us complained officially, so your theory is excellent but will not get mass support. 39,700 have and are now doing nothing, just waiting to benefit from all our relentless efforts!
  • liam12779
    Options
    Ive complained direct to NRAM, received a typical response stating they are consulting their advisers etc etc.
    Are you referring to this complaint or a complaint to the ombudsman?
    Liam :money::beer:
  • Dave-80
    Options
    If the interest redress period ended late 2012, then why did the judge inform NRAM to put aside £3m per month for interest payable to their affected customers? Don't quite understand the logic here, sorry!

From the correspondence I had with NRAM over the years and the evidence which I've given to the FOS - They didnt change any of the loan statement documentation for us over £25K and one of the latest statements I had even included a statement that said "not all information may be showing on the statement and you should request this if you require it". I did request it but they never sent it. As they were playing down that loans over £25k were not CCA, they took all info off from the statements mentioning anything to do with CCA. This means that all loans over £25k are still non CCA compliant and this is where they will still have interest being accrued.

On a seperate note - I had another letter a couple of days ago from FOS saying they are sorry for the delay and that they have not come to a decision regarding my complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure