PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    £50.51 in Mr A's. hoping not to need a proper shopping till at least a week Mon now.
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • KatyReed+5
    Options
    Havn't been on here in months and my spending has got beyond a joke, so i'm back for the new year.

There's me and my 3 little squidges, age 4, 2 1/2 and 20 months, I know how much i used to spend which was a crazy amount, and looking at what i have in, i am aiming for a spend of £150.00 pcm 1st - 31st Jan, this is just for food shopping not including eating out/coffee with friends etc, which is a seperate budget of £100.

X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had to venture out today as we had run out milk and decided to to get what I needed to see us through New Year as we are having friends to say for a couple of days (live a few miles away from SM so thought I'd cut down on unnecessary trips).
    £31.22 spent in total but this should keep us going until 4th or 5th as we have a freezer full of left overs. Really need to keep a tight rein on the budget this month as we have car and household insurance renewals this month.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • KatyReed+5
    Options
    Right just in my kitchen sorting out left overs, and well i have a stupid amount of ham, that i cooked on christmas eve left, i have sliced it up, can i freeze it? Also any cood carrott soup recipies would be greatly appreciated, :D X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • DawnOfTheBiped
    Options
    I've lurked for far too long, and now is the time to join in!

Please can you put me down for £100 for January, running 1st - 31st and including all food/household/toiletries/pet expenses.

Nice to join you all :)
  • LavenderBees
    Options
    KatyReed+5 wrote: »
    Right just in my kitchen sorting out left overs, and well i have a stupid amount of ham, that i cooked on christmas eve left, i have sliced it up, can i freeze it? Also any cood carrott soup recipies would be greatly appreciated, :D X

Yes, you can freeze the ham, providing it hasn't been frozen in a cooked state before.

I had a shop today - total around £36.50, so a third of my budget gone....and still 5 weeks to go. Now I remember why I stopped doing this challenge :rotfl:

But NO! I will be strong, I will not wimp out :o

I have half a Christmas cake left, anyone [STRIKE]fancy it?[/STRIKE] know if it can be frozen? - it's a fruit cake (no alcohol), with marzipan and icing. I'd like to slice it and freeze it if poss. Can't face eating another slice now, and the size of my stomach is telling me not to, anyway! :(

LB xx
  • theshinyone
    Options
    I want to join in BUT have the advantage of two freezers full so I intend to run those stores down and start again with a 'proper' budget for Feb 13.

For Jan I am aiming for £60 (or less ;)) which should cover fresh veg/fruit/milk and the small amount of bread we eat!!
    :(:(:( LBM 31/10/12
    Loan £20.00/£5593.79:eek: ** CC1 £2200 (need to sort payment plan) ** CC2 £229
    Mothercare Card £485.06 ** Dotty P's £[STRIKE]66.85 [/STRIKE]:rotfl:** Mort Arrears £597.81/£2460.89
    Jan GC £47.63/£60.00 ** 1% at a time (choosen aim £500) 9%
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone:)

Can I be put down for £150 for January please

I lost the will to keep track of everything towards the end of the year and really really need to get back on track.

Have a good month everyone
    Cuddles:)
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I want to join in BUT have the advantage of two freezers full so I intend to run those stores down and start again with a 'proper' budget for Feb 13.

For Jan I am aiming for £60 (or less ;)) which should cover fresh veg/fruit/milk and the small amount of bread we eat!!

That's a good ideas theshineyone. We don't have enough in stores to produce such a low spend, but we could certainly run down the stores and used the money saved from our £160 budget to restock with fresh supplies at the end of the month (and, if we time it right, take advantage of the aldi £5 of £35 spend voucher from the mirror). Stock rotation and all that jazz

:think:
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    hi I haven't posted here for ages but been lurking. can I be pit down for £280 pls.:)
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure