PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th December 2012

Options

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone got any foolproof ideas on cleaning a manky oven with usual cleaning bits most people have in please??

For the shelves, take them out. Fill the bath with hot water and a generous amount of bio washing powder. Put an old towel in the bottom of the bath to protect it, leave the shelves to soak (overnight is good) and all the muck should just wipe off in the morning.

Most of us use Ovenpride to clean the rest. Not too expensive in supermarkets/DIY stores - check prices, they do vary.

I've tidied and dusted the LR
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Good morning ladies :beer: Kitchen is now decorated (well, the glossing still needs to be done, but that may have to wait until 2013 ;) ) and looks lovely :)

This morning, I've prepared veg for the freezer, ironed and done a pile of paperwork.

Anyone for HHC 11:30 - 12:00?
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Manic Monday- Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One - done
    Level Two - done
    Level Three
    Check those washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker hood and dishwasher filters

Extra tasks if you want to do more
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps
    • Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • Clean oven if you didn't do it last week
    • Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back
    Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy.
    • Post all the cards you need to post
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends
    • Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!!

Tuesday - Master Bedrooms and Landings
    Level One
    Remove floordrobe, make sure all clothes are put away neatly
    Level Two
    Vacuum floors in these areas
    Level Three
    Clean tops of drawers

Extra mission tasks, as always if you fancy an extra challenge try one or more of these
    • Clean windows in these areas
    • Cobweb removal upstairs, go on grab a duster and swipe them down
    • Clear any one hotspot, or spend 10 minutes tackling it
    • Clean light fittings and light switches in any room, more than one if you like
    Christmas Extras
    • Christmas wrapping, try and get at least a few done

Wednesday - Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Clear any clutter from stairs, don't want any accidents
    Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags, clean any that need it, shine (or dust off/remove cobwebs from) those party shoes ready for Christmas parties

Extra Mission: pick one or more of the following tasks:
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Hotspot clearing time, or at least spend 10 minutes tackling one
    Christmas Extras
    • Spend 30 minutes just having time for yourself, whatever it is doing, because we probably won't have time next week
    • Update remaining present lists
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    i use Dustys method for the shelves hot water and bio washing powderi in the bath

just back from card delivering need to thaw my hands out now
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 December 2012 at 10:08PM
    Options
    I want to go back to bed :( Had a gorgeous bath today, don't normally have baths as I normally have a shower, but this one was lovely and hot :D

Blooming cold here still, -1.0 outside in the garden and my car is still frosted over. The garden does look lovely though and I have checked my weather site and apparently it is going to snow here in Kent on Christmas Day :) I'll believe it when I see it..lol

Hubby has gone out again - I don't think he likes staying in with me..lol So I am doing more laundry :eek: Have chased around looking for my library books as I am going to take them back after my councelling session this afternoon. Have rearranged an appointment for tomorrow to the next day, so that is okay and we can now spend all day at Costco and Lakeside - oh joy!!! Also confirmed when Bella dog is coming Friday so can arrange my doings around her :D

Place looks a mess, although thankfully it is only surface so a quick whizz round and it will look as good as new. Builder friend coming back tonight to finish off the ceiling - I hope. Then I can gutt my kitchen and get it back to normality, well take everything off the work surfaces and then put them back after cleaning (and I mean everything!) :D

CY hope you feel better soon hon - look after yourself.
    Dragon it's lovely to see your strikeouts on your list, although I know the cleaners have done most of it, but it is still nice to see. It looks like you are achieving something finally :D

Hugs to all the poor people, please look after yourselves we don't want you ill over the Christmas period do we :(

Manic Monday- Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Level Two
    Clean floors
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, wipe any spills
    Wipe dining table (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three
    Wipe & replace small appliances such as kettle, toaster etc (wipe under too, especially the toaster!)
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances, don't forget those kick boards

Extra tasks if you want to do more

• Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps
    • Clean the inside of cupboard doors
    • [STRIKE]Clean oven if you didn't do it last week[/STRIKE]
    • Clean one cupboard out, what is that in there? anything out of date? Sort through it and clean it before putting everything back
    Christmas Extras
    • Finalise those last minute presents you have to buy..
    • [STRIKE]Post all the cards you need to post[/STRIKE] - couldn't believe it cost me £30 to send my cards and the odd package..daylight robbery!!!
    • Wrap all the presents for family/friends - can't do this as family is home, so will see..lol
    • [STRIKE]Finalise shopping orders/lists for your christmas food shop.. remember shops are only closed for one day!!!![/STRIKE]

Tuesday - Master Bedrooms and Landings
    Level One

Level Two
    Level Three

Extra mission tasks, as always if you fancy an extra challenge try one or more of these
    • Clean windows in these areas
    • [STRIKE]Cobweb removal upstairs, go on grab a duster and swipe them down[/STRIKE]
    • Clear any one hotspot, or spend 10 minutes tackling it
    • [STRIKE]Clean a set of curtains, nets or blinds
    • Clean light fittings and light switches in any room, more than one if you like[/STRIKE]
    • Ring someone you love, just to tell them you love them!!
    Christmas Extras
    • [STRIKE]Stick all your cards up[/STRIKE]
    • Christmas wrapping, try and get at least a few done
    • [STRIKE]Replace the batteries in your annoying singing things[/STRIKE]
    • Make a receipts envelope for all the receipts from Christmas presents, just incase anything needs to go back

Wednesday - Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1

Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves, don't want Christmas visitors seeing dusty plants!
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc

Extra Mission: pick one or more of the following tasks:

• Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • Hotspot clearing time, or at least spend 10 minutes tackling one
    • Ring someone you love, just to tell them you love them!!
    Christmas Extras
    • Make a timetable for christmas prepartions.. turkey in.. turkey out.. etc
    • Spend 30 minutes just having time for yourself, whatever it is doing, because we probably won't have time next week
    • [STRIKE]Chase up any deliveries you are waiting for that have not arrived[/STRIKE]
    • Update remaining present lists
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    unless you know something I don't Natty - I am NOT nesting :eek::rotfl::eek:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    HHC update - kitchen done :j our room nearly done :j lots of dust bunnies removed from under the bed :eek: I'm going to continue with HHC 12:00 - 12:30 the lunch and HHPaperwork :)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welsh Dreamer I used Oven Mate that a friend supplied me with when she had a Kleeneeeeeeze round. When that runs out, I'll go over to Oven Pride like other Flyladies, because much as I hate loathe and detest using nuclear-strength chemicals, absolutely nothing else worked. I'd been trying and failing to get the oven clean for years. (By the way, I used washing up liquid, hot hot hot water and the towel in the bottom of the bath trick, and then brillllllo on the shelves. Lovely soft gungy stuff came off after about an hour (very satisfying) but I've only got a few more pads to use and I'll then go over to the Biological liquid trick.)

In case anyone listens to Radio 4 on Christmas Eve, Nine lessons and carols service from Kings, the play before it at 2.15 will be well worth a listen. We went to the theatre last night and saw a company called Barbashopera, and they've got that slot this year. They're just wonderful, a hoot and an absolute joy. We've seen them twice before so I know that whatever they've got up their sleeve will be a delight.
    Better is good enough.
  • skint_breeder_5
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »

But I am so relieved that you cheat on one thing: I was beginning to think that you were a domestic goddess, and now I know you're normal :rotfl:

:rotfl: If anything I am a domestic gremlin, I started cooking age 5, as my mum couldn't cook and basically I never stopped, but working in a restaurant kitchen in my youth gave me skills that home and school couldn't teach:D being on your feet for 15 hours for one ;)

triple steamer saucepans don't work in my house sadly...the kids all have this "sensitive palate thing" going on where they reckon their favourite is "contaminated" by something else - poppycock! it was a learned behaviour from their dad to separate their food out

but it is the season of goodwill, and everybody gets the vegetable dishes of their choice - a sunday roast is choice of two veg, take it or leave it :rotfl:
    The cold never bothered me anyway
  • skint_breeder_5
    Options
    time for a very quick HHC in LR before de-cluttering DS from nursery - Duran Duran are waiting for me in the CD player as i speak......any joiners?:rotfl: 80's music purely optional:eek:
    The cold never bothered me anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport