Starbucks £1 for any cake Sunday when u buy a drink

Options
claire21
claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 8 December 2012 at 2:51PM in Going out deals

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm not sure this attempt to drum up business is going to have much impact until the business model is changed as promised this week.....would have been a good deal at any other chain though!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    "Might be a nice time to pop in" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 December 2012 at 4:31PM
    Options
    pstuart wrote: »
    "Might be a nice time to pop in" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Might be a nice time to pop in" !

I have corrected your post, as your ! key seems to be sticking. Also, who rattled your cage?
  • purepapillon
    Options
    I'm still boycotting them
  • ninja306
    ninja306 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Good deal, shall def do this if I get to town tomorrow if I can. Love the red cup season!
  • Spookywoman
    Options
    I'm still boycotting them
    Me Too ..think i would choke on their cake....not bribed by a £1 cake!
    2012 wins - bouquet flowers and - Krisprolls £5000 Holiday to Sweden.
  • ninja306
    ninja306 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Me Too ..think i would choke on their cake....not bribed by a £1 cake!

Bribe? You pay them money and its a bribe? Don't get that. Why can't this offer be taken as a promotion the same way as any other deal on this board.

I'll happily boycott any business that operate the illegal practice of tax evasion.

Since Starbucks operate within the laws of the UK I will enjoy my cake for £1. And since you're not having one, I'll pick that up too and have it on Monday. Omnomnom!
  • jostall69
    jostall69 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Nice,there goes my diet again tomorrow,picked up a £10 gift card for £5 on living social earlier in the week :j
  • glitter03
    glitter03 Posts: 871 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2012 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Or maybe like myself they like the products that Starbucks offer?

I get my coffee from Starbucks because i prefer the taste of their drinks. I am not fussed about the food as i tend to get my coffee to 'take out'.

I dislike Costa and although i do visit 'independent cafes' when i go out with friends etc the standard is not the same.

Does not mean i have been 'sucked in', it just means i like their coffee :)
    :coffee:
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ninja306 wrote: »
    Bribe? You pay them money and its a bribe? Don't get that. Why can't this offer be taken as a promotion the same way as any other deal on this board.

I'll happily boycott any business that operate the illegal practice of tax evasion.

Since Starbucks operate within the laws of the UK I will enjoy my cake for £1. And since you're not having one, I'll pick that up too and have it on Monday. Omnomnom!

Call it a promotion if you like, but it's a cynical attempt to get back the customers they've lost as a result of their aggressive tax avoidance.

If you're fickle enough not to see through it, and naive enough not to see the damage companies like Starbucks are causing to the NHS and the entire social fabric of the UK, and the increased taxes that means for the rest of us - fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure