The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Options

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Birdie85 wrote: »
    Blimey Shrimpy, you're going to become a TV regular! :) Sounds fun!

Well done on tackling the paperwork of doom! :T I need a shredder so I can get rid of my paperwork; for ages I've been sorting through it and making little 'destroy me' piles but never actually manage to destroy it so I've now got about 7/8 of these piles stashed all over the place! Going to buy a small shredder tonight and get to work! :) I love shredding stuff, almost as much as I love labelling stuff! :p

I love shredding too! I get great satisfaction out of it!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Good progress here on the declutter challenge - over 30 items Freecycled so far, about two thirds of the junk cupboard. We also re-arranged our bedroom and put up a hanger on our wall for clothes, so that's looking tidy and nice. I put away the duvets and pillows in those vac bags which was about the best fun I've ever had tidying :p (Apart from shredding and Dymo labelling :rotfl:)

I also cleaned up my computer and (almost) my email inboxes. I might even do a back up!!!

As they say in Uganda 'slowly by slowly'.... :D
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One of my best friends works on Tipping Point, I must youtube it and see what she's been doing! Wonder if you met her.....! :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Lara44 wrote: »
    I put away the duvets and pillows in those vac bags which was about the best fun I've ever had tidying :p

I decided to put my old dolls in one of those bags a while back (couldn't bring myself to chuck Kelly, Victoria et al :o) - and all their heads caved in when I sucked the air out! Most disturbing!

How are you today Ruby? Sorry I seem to have instigated a man-bashing session haha! They deserve it (the ones in question)!

How are you Kitty, have you had your interview yet? I did a bit of reading on the TES forums about interview questions/tasks and wish I hadn't - am pooping myself! :eek:
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    *de-lurks*tete - teaching interviews are pretty horrendous, but if you prepare well, you'll be fine :) *re-lurks*
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Oh great! Thanks SF! I'm not the best at selling myself anyway, but have a couple of weeks to prepare so will do just that :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    I decided to put my old dolls in one of those bags a while back (couldn't bring myself to chuck Kelly, Victoria et al :o) - and all their heads caved in when I sucked the air out! Most disturbing!

:rotfl: Tete! When I looked today one of them had unsucked itself and was crushing everything else on the shelf.

I bet you're excited about the interview day. How will you prepare? Are there lots of questions and exercises to try online?

I even just handwashed all the delicates that have been at the bottom of the washbasket for a couple of years!!! :o:o:o:o:o Feeling like a self-righteous launderer now. Time for a little port, I think.
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Tete - mine's on 5th February and I'm putting off thinking about it, but panicking inside! Hoping to find my mojo soon!! I have to talk about a book I'd like to teach which is great, as I've found a lovely one and have lots of ideas but no coherent plan ;) and do various other bits. It all sounds quite scary but also exciting.

SF - any tips on the kind of things they ask, pretty please?

(sorry for hogging your thread Dinah!)
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2013 at 12:30PM
    Options
    Oooh it was a most satisfying shredding session last night! I had to empty the little bin (fair enough, it's a desktop one so half the size of a regular one) 5 times! :T It's amazing how much stuff I had to get rid of, I'm sure there's more lurking too. :o

The great, desk emptying is going well, it's difficult to count things 'done' as I'm just throwing stuff out at random a lot of the time rather than managing to clear specific areas but I must be doing something right as I binned 2 big bags of rubbish this morning. :)

Lara/Tete, I like the idea of those vacuum bags but they always seem to get a leak and when I open the wardrobe I get attacked by a duvet like in some dodgy B Movie! :eek:

Anyone snowed in today? We've just got a little sprinkle on the pavements, I can't even get excited about being snowed in any more as I can walk to work now - boo! :(
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    No real snow here for the last few days, but the met office is saying quite a bit overnight tonight and through tomorrow and Sunday. I love snow when I can just look and go 'oooh, how pretty', but not when I have to go out in it.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills