To Freedom...

Options

Comments

• kirstypark
    Options
    I am struggling today, have a migraine that hasnt moved for 4 days now and feeling sorry for myself having to work a 12 hour day today - very tempted to phone my 2nd job and tell them i am too sick to work. But keep thinking it is only 4 hours and if i am not reliable with them then might not get more temp work.

Anyway, to cheer me up..Time to announce a very non moneysaving project...we have arranged to take our kids to vegas next month for our silver wedding annivesary! Booked it ages ago when the house endowments came through last year, we had overpaid so even though there was a shortfall, we still had an "extra" £3000 and have spent it booking the honeymoon we never had...It is something we said we would always do if we survived 25 years of marriage, so are going for it. The spending money is in a seperate account and now have to think about travel insurance, visas and planning a renewal of vows. Had an email from Elvis himselvis today who is offering to drive us around in a pink caddy to a chapel and marry us again.

Yes it's tacky...but you should have seen the first wedding!:rotfl:

please don't ban me from the moneysaving board...I promise never to do anything like this again...well not until I pay this mortgage off first.:A
    mortgage 1 33,000. paid nov 2012 :D. mortgage 2 87,000 due 51,686.76 at july 2013, but then:new home and remortgage ... £101065.43:eek: now 74k
  • kirstypark
    Options
    usual monthly payment ( which includes a small overpayment) of 590.63 made this morning. our total now down to 55,428.18.
    mortgage 1 33,000. paid nov 2012 :D. mortgage 2 87,000 due 51,686.76 at july 2013, but then:new home and remortgage ... £101065.43:eek: now 74k
  • Octobergirl
    Options
    :wave:Hi kirsty
    Love your diary and oh, so very envious that you're going to Vegas:D we got married there 10 years ago ( sadly not by elvis) and had the best time, it's our dream to go back......maybe when it's our 25th aniversary:)
  • kirstypark
    Options
    Hi octobergirl, thanks for popping in..definately recommend doing something special after 25 years. What wedding chapel did you use? there is so much choice that i am turning into bridezilla!

I missed my regular hair appointment yesterday, thought it was today, so am going to have to grovel to my hairdresser. I do have another booked in 4 weeks, but she was going to colour it. I am growing it anyway so I can wear it up for the renewal cermony, but the grey is already starting to show. I dont know if I can leave it another 4 weeks, but hairdresser will kill me if I start dying it myself again...oh what a dilemma. ( although on the plus side thats another £40 i can overpay this month, although she might charge me for my missed appointment anyway).

Anyway, off to the farmers market this morning to bulk buy some good meat. OH business still not doing very well, he is a driving instructor and had 2 pupils pass yesterday, which is great news for them, but means less earnings for him. He is always so happy when they pass, whereas I am secretly quite pleased when they fail and we get to keep a source of revenue coming in....how nasty am I?:rotfl:

I am not quite at the stage where I am planning to sabatage a few tests by jaywalking in front of junctions, but it may get to that yet:cool:
  • summerday
    summerday Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    Love the sound of your Vegas vow renewals! Don't feel bad, life is for living and we all have to find a balance between making Ops and getting fun out of life, no doubt you are choosing to save in other areas instead.x
    Yesterday is today's memories, tomorrow is today's dreams :)
  • Octobergirl
    Options
    it was the Little White Chapel.....tbh the ceremony was only about 20 mins ( which is what we wanted!) but the church was beautiful.
  • kirstypark
    Options
    thanks for dropping in Summerday, you are right, life is for living.

The little white chapel looks lovely, octobergirl, I have looked at that, I am not too bothered by the service, but think the elvis thing will be a laugh.

Went to farmers market today, bought heaps of mince to bulk freeze and a sack of potatoes that should last a couple of months. Have stored them in my shed to keep them cold. Also bought a dress from the internet to wear for the cermony. We are going for a 1950s theme with circle dresses and those great petticoats underneath (well my daughter and i are, the blokes will just be in suits). I hope the dresses fit, they were only £40.

And hairdresser did not charge me for my forgotten appointment, she is going to fit me in next week, big tip for her then:T
  • kirstypark
    Options
    not doing well on the overpayment front this month. we had a call asking us to join a couple for pub lunch yesterday so that was nice, but £50 that I was going to overpay was spent. And have so far had to pay out for hotel room, train tickets to airport, dress, and esta's to get into America. Still to sort out travel insurance - only have an annual european policy, and with previous health problems that will be quite dear I think. I did go through topcashback for most of that as well as arranging some travel cash, so that should be some money later to get back. Also car tax due the end of feb. I am not sure if feb and march are council tax free months here , so far there is no record of it coming out and it is usually about the 4 th or 5 th of the month. How weird that this is the first year that I am checking my bank account daily - last year i never used to keep track of my money and routinally went overdrawn
  • kirstypark
    Options
    first op for feb made, just £100, as has been lots of outgoings so far. I bought tickets for a concert last week and paid with my credit card, but when i went online to pay a bit of it, they wanted me to reregister and it was so confusing that i paid it all of in full to avoid ever having to log in again! So that was over £300 to find, but my freind is due me half.

And council tax still not off, so think it must be an tax free month. Might take the extra cash to vegas as not sure i have budgeted enough for 4 of us.

workmate been off sick all week, so lots of overtime my way, I am tired, but encourging him to stay off as it is all extra cash!
  • kirstypark
    Options
    tired and stressed from too much work, but workmate should be back tomorrow so just a 6 hour day instead of the 9 hours I have been racking up over the past week. My boss says as well as the overtime payments, i can have an extra day off...sounds better than money in the bank!

My dress came, but is slightly tight. So to get the next size up or lose weight in the next 4 weeks? what to do? Have opted for the next size up as want to be comfortable. I have managed to lose about 6lbs so far, but could still do with losing heaps more.

My daughter decided she wanted a new dress too, so have ordered her from the same website (lady vintage). Mine was £40 and hers was £35, reckon that was very good value and was dead impressed with the quality.

Feb must be council tax free -all those years, I never knew! That is £188 i never noticed not paying :eek: I have transfered some cash over, but am going to keep some more back for holiday next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure