Cant have water meter installed

Options
I applied for a water meter, had survey and they cant install one. Main reason for wanting one is to save money. Single person and works full time so not alot of water used.
The assesed charge bill would be more than my rateable value bill so no point in changing tariff.
So it appears that i cant save money and theres no point in me saving water either.
My question is do i have any other options.

Comments

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for a water meter and it couldnt be fitted , so they assessed the charge and it came in £30 a month cheaper
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • bluewire
    bluewire Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Who are you supplied by?? I know that United Utilities and some othet Water Co's offer a singler person tarrif that you can have if they are unable to fit a meter.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sat56 wrote: »
    I applied for a water meter, had survey and they cant install one. Main reason for wanting one is to save money. Single person and works full time so not alot of water used.
    The assesed charge bill would be more than my rateable value bill so no point in changing tariff.
    So it appears that i cant save money and theres no point in me saving water either.
    My question is do i have any other options.
    With a water meter there are still standing charges which when added to about 70 cubic metres of water equal the assessed charge. How much water do you think you might use? In my area the standing charges for a flat are £70.79 per year and the water and waste water charge is £1.9132 per cubic metre. The assessed charge is £205.48. You could possibly use 50 cubic metres per year if metered cutting the bill down to about £166.45 saving about 10 pence per day. It's not really a big saving and as you say your unmetered bill is lower anyway so your savings will probably be less.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    If your RV bill is lower then their single assessed charges there is nothing else you can do I am afraid.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport