We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2013 mfw

1…6465676970…171

Comments

  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,026 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 9 April 2013 at 9:51AM
    Number #32 checking in with the monthly payment of £499 in today, so £1996 for the year so far.

    Feels like rather slow progress, four months effort only knocks just over 1% off the balance, but it all adds up and is another step away from my mini-milestone in June where it drops under £180k (and, coincidentally, June is also the point at which OPs put me £10k ahead of where I would have been if just making standard payments).
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 9 April 2013 at 10:47AM
    I just phoned up to get a mortgage balance. We owe £759.26. I sent DH a text asking if I could pay it off and his reply was to the point. Yerp!
    So I rang back and asked to pay it off and I can't! I have to wait until Friday so they can calculate a redemption figure for me. How frustrating :( but also how exciting :D
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    No 12:Managed to pay another £30 off the mortgage yesterday-so that's £87.95 so far for the month and
    £925.90 for the year so far too! :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • evi3000
    evi3000 Posts: 162 Forumite
    #47 OP for April = £3500

    Should be able to pay an extra £700 but waiting for a cheque.

    Will update before the month is over (eventhough it's only just begun!)
  • Hello :) Overpayment for April £209.73 for Happysocks, No 105.

    Thank you.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    I just phoned up to get a mortgage balance. We owe £759.26. I sent DH a text asking if I could pay it off and his reply was to the point. Yerp!
    So I rang back and asked to pay it off and I can't! I have to wait until Friday so they can calculate a redemption figure for me. How frustrating :( but also how exciting :D

    That is exciting! :T Keep us updated so we can celebrate with you....:j
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,920 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    £20.89 OP from ebay and amazon sale.
  • kirstypark
    kirstypark Posts: 771 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    how exciting for you Katz, roll on friday, wee celebration in your house this weekend i bet.

    anyway, no 7 with another £100 to pay please?
    mortgage 1 33,000. paid nov 2012 :D. mortgage 2 87,000 due 51,686.76 at july 2013, but then:new home and remortgage ... £101065.43:eek: now 74k
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    I just phoned up to get a mortgage balance. We owe £759.26. I sent DH a text asking if I could pay it off and his reply was to the point. Yerp!
    So I rang back and asked to pay it off and I can't! I have to wait until Friday so they can calculate a redemption figure for me. How frustrating :( but also how exciting :D

    Thats great news Kaz, bet you are thrilled to be paying your last ever payment, it must feel great!!!!
    Hope to be doing that in a couple of years myself but still seems a long way off at the moment :(

    But will struggle on with another £100 OP
    total for month at mo £345
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Kaz really delighted for you ... It must be such an amazing feeling
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.