🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MBNA Claim Upheld Now What

Options

Comments

• fifitrixiejane
    Options
    Blimey, if I got or get nearly 10k I'd be doing a little jig, well done Gary.

I'm still waiting..but surely it must be my time soon :o
  • ddebski_us
    ddebski_us Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    I had my offer letter on Saturday - not a massive amount (just shy of £800) but better than nothing. More than happy at the result from a few letters in the post.

Thank you Martin Lewis!!

xDx
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever.....
    :happyhear Baby girl born 27th September - 10 days late!! :happyhear
  • fifitrixiejane
    Options
    Just to update, I got a 'cheque' last Monday, came as a bit of a surprise as there was no letter beforehand with any calculations of whatever, just a very short letter and a cheque.
    Unfortunately they sent the cheque in my maiden name so I couldn't bank it as the bank refused. I had got married some time ago but rather than can cause confusion doing the investigations with FOS and MBNA I thought I would get the opportunity once I got my 'calculations' letter but no... I've now had to send the cheque back with an explanation and hope a new cheque arrives with not to much waiting time.. Almost there!!

I'm guessing that they hope with just sending a cheque you would just bank it rather than argue the toss if the amount wasnt as good as your thought.. Actually, I thought the amount wasn't too shabby!!

I have my fingers crossed for a prompt 'new'cheque now!
  • puglover_3
    puglover_3 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update and it's good news as far as my complaint goes. After writing to MBNA and reminding them that the FOS had upheld my complaint and they had failed to respond by the deadline, I advised that unless they respond with an offer within 28 days I will be seeking a CCJ against them. Guess what they replied with an offer (albeit Goodwill and no admission). They are now sending a cheque to the tune of just shy of £3k.
    My advice to everyone still seeking their payment even with an upheld FOS complaint, is keep going and don't be afraid to threaten them with court action as this is what has worked for me.
    Now, perhaps a little holiday with MY money!

Hi Caz, read your thread with interest and wondered if you could help. The FOS sent an initial assesment letter to MBNA upholding my complaint and that they had until the 5th February to respond. Suffice to say, still no news. Was your FOS letter the same initial letter as if so I may take the same proactive route as you and mail MBNA directly?

Many thanks
  • crlnlg1
    Options
    Hi I'm in the same position with Fos upholding my complaint but MBNA not responding. Been waiting since December last year and FOS not giving a deadline. What can I do next?

Thanks
  • mtd-142128
    mtd-142128 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Same here, 5th feb deadline for MBNA still not heard anything else from FOS either
  • beanie_again
    beanie_again Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 May 2013 at 3:22PM
    Options
    No responses on this thread since April - is it dead?

Just a quick summary of my situation (which matches what others have said):
    1. 2006 - September - took out MBNA credit card, PPI automatically applied
    2. 2011 - July - MBNA close credit card after I settled balance
    3. 2012 - January - realise I had PPI and wrote MBNA letter
    4. 2012 - April - MBNA refuse PPI
    5. 2012 - September - FOS upheld complaint
    6. 2012 - October - FOS issue "deadline" of 24th December 2012
    7. 2013 - January - FOS letter stating "deadline" passed
    8. 2013 - February - phoned FOS and checked "deadline", told to wait
    9. 2013 - May - research and post on MoneySavingExpert.com!

So basically, FOS upheld - but MBNA are not responding in a timely manner?

Just wondering what the standard catalyst is - or is it just patience! Did read whole thread and noticed going back to MBNA with threat of small claims court - is that my next step, or are you seeking more names for group action?

Aqua refunded my money within weeks of my original letter?

Thanks

Paul
  • Pink1808
    Pink1808 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    (sorry for jumping on someone else s thread)

Hi I received the same letter for the FOS concerning my Hubby's Barclaycard (old Egg) just wondering if anybody knows if barclaycard drag their feet as much as MBNA?

Thanks
  • cjguy71
    cjguy71 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    i had a letter off MBNA in march/april time 2013 informing me i might have been missold ppi.after filling in the questionnaire they rejected it.so i took the case to FOS.DESPITE them upholding my complaint in september of 2013,MBNA rejected their decision and on the grounds of my employer paying sick pay.its now back in the hands of the FOS the thing that has annoyed me about MBNA is the fact it would only be around 26 months of payments i would get back on a credit card bill of around £1800.so it would not be a great amount.DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA HOW MUCH I WILL EVENTUALLY GET BACK? if they eventually pay up.i for one will never use any MBNA products again.unlike FIRST PLUS who paid all my ppi payments plus 8% and interest within 8 weeks:j
  • redjamie
    redjamie Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all I am with mbna and virgin and would like to know how to find out if they have put a ppi on my cards
    I have read that they do this when you call to active your cards and this has happened every time I get a new card
    any help would be great thanks
    j
    ps hands up who thinks martin lewis should run for parliament
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business