MBNA Claim Upheld Now What

Options

Comments

• col1_2
    col1_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Simon for reply what reasons have you put forward to FOS I feel that if I ticked box it was foolish to say the least as I have always been paid when off work I don.t remember any paperwork on the PPI arriving in post they also told me it was still in force at their end ,I just stopped using card
  • simon_the_poet
    Options
    Have a look here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

They are supposed to check that the policy would be appropriate to your needs
  • col1_2
    col1_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for reply Simon I will look into that cheers
    Ian
  • simon_the_poet
    Options
    Got an e-mail back from the ombudsman this morning, in response to my queries.

What they are saying is apparently this is a two stage process and the decision letter i received was only the first stage, in order for them to enforce the claim would have to be sent to the ombudsman ?? and then if he also agrees they can enforce. They say this can take another 6-12 months from when they decide to commence stage two.

I have responded asking if they could give me some idea of when this is likely to be, baring in mind that my initial complaint was made in Jan last year and the decision (part one) was received in June.
  • reflectingskin
    Options
    Am sort of in the same boat. I put in a claim to MBNA for a Virgin CC, which was declined. I raised it with the Ombudsman in April who found in my favour in December and gave MBNA until Jan 4th to make an offer. Received a letter 2 days ago from the Ombudsman saying MBNA don't accept their decision and want it to go to another review, citing several other case numbers of similar claims (all blacked out on my copy).
    Anybody had anything like this?
  • fifitrixiejane
    Options
    To all the posters on this thread..more news today, I recieved a letter from FOS today in the same vain as what garynuman recieved,saying that MBNA have agreed to make an offer 'as a gesture of goodwill' but with no admission of liability, which seems a bit odd!

No figures still, will be interested to see what they come up with now. MBNA will now have up to 10 weeks (10 weeks, good grief!) to get back to me.. So the plot continues.. Although there does seems to be an offer of money least!.. Eventually.

Any other news to report anyone?
  • simon_the_poet
    Options
    I feel really left out now everyone seems to be getting some kind of response.
    I have heard zilch after my initial letter form the FOS upholding my claim in June. I seem to be just getting lip service to my inquiries.
  • ddebski_us
    ddebski_us Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    I feel really left out now everyone seems to be getting some kind of response.
    I have heard zilch after my initial letter form the FOS upholding my claim in June. I seem to be just getting lip service to my inquiries.

I'm the same - letter from Ombudsman in Nov, saying MBNA had until 28th to respond to them.

Heard nothing since. :(
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever.....
    :happyhear Baby girl born 27th September - 10 days late!! :happyhear
  • fifitrixiejane
    Options
    ddebski_us wrote: »
    I'm the same - letter from Ombudsman in Nov, saying MBNA had until 28th to respond to them.

Heard nothing since. :(

Well I had my first letter in Nov so maybe it will be only a matter of time for you..
  • Cityboydal
    Options
    Am sort of in the same boat. I put in a claim to MBNA for a Virgin CC, which was declined. I raised it with the Ombudsman in April who found in my favour in December and gave MBNA until Jan 4th to make an offer. Received a letter 2 days ago from the Ombudsman saying MBNA don't accept their decision and want it to go to another review, citing several other case numbers of similar claims (all blacked out on my copy).
    Anybody had anything like this?
    I had the same, MBNA are just stalling. They reckon I would have needed it if I was out of work, yet I have originally stated that a) I didn't want it yet the online application wouldn't proceed without it, and b) my employer would pay full sick pay and redundancy.
    Such a pointless exercise by them, my claim would be around £1200 and all they are doing is adding £850 to their side.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure