Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• drphila
    drphila Posts: 288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another Growth Street payment now received in holding account (additional 16%) :):):)
  • N1ckS
    N1ckS Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    drphila said:
    Another Growth Street payment now received in holding account (additional 16%) :):):)

I was a little confused earlier as to what exactly the 33% in the email below from Growth Street referred to given the distribution earlier today:

I am very pleased to let you know that we have made the first distribution to investors. The total amount that has been distributed is £5.3m. The relevant proportion of the funds relating to your investment are now available in your holding account to withdraw. 
    On the basis of recoveries to date, we’re pleased to have been able to bring forward the first date of distribution from September. Our Relationship Management, Risk and Credit teams have made strong progress in recovering repayments across our borrower portfolio, and we have offboarded 18 out of 90 borrowers. The amount that has been distributed equates to 33% of the total amount assigned at the declaration of the Resolution Event. 

Both payments however do roughly equate to 33% of my total investment. Here's hoping for further progress in September.

• Seldonista
    Seldonista Posts: 63 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have ISAs with the big 3 that I opened over the last 3 years, for the ones that aren't lending out is the cash they hold FSCS protected or not? I'd rather not fiddle with it and keep the ISA allowance.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 July 2020 at 8:37PM
    Options
    I have ISAs with the big 3 that I opened over the last 3 years, for the ones that aren't lending out is the cash they hold FSCS protected or not? I'd rather not fiddle with it and keep the ISA allowance.
    P2P firms are required by CASS rules to hold uninvested cash in a ring-fenced clients account with a bank that has FSCS protection. If that bank goes bust you would have a FSCS claim, but if the money went missing while in control of the P2P firm you would not.
    Quite a few of the available IF ISAs are flexible, so uninvested cash can be withdrawn and replaced before the end of each tax year.
  • drphila
    Options
    Another large payment has been released by Growth Street ahead of the scheduled next payment date bringing the total released to just under 50%
  • Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 September 2020 at 1:35PM
    Options
    For those that may not know yet:
    Ratesetter is to be bought by Metro Bank and will thus close to further investment...
    With Kind Regards
    https://www.4thway.co.uk/candid-opinion/investors-learn-from-ratesetters-sale-to-metro-bank/

• quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 September 2020 at 1:33PM
    Options
    Nardge said:
    Ratesetter is to be bought by Metro Bank and thus closed to further investment...
    With Kind Regards
    https://www.4thway.co.uk/candid-opinion/investors-learn-from-ratesetters-sale-to-metro-bank/

"RateSetter's current shareholders – its current owners – include Woodford Investment Management ... If Metro Bank doesn't return the pot, it looks like RateSetter's current investors will make a hefty loss of more than 70% of the money they put in."

"Oh no, not again"

Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • drphila
    Options
    Another Growth Street payment today, taking total released to around 60%
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nardge said:
    Ratesetter is to be bought by Metro Bank and thus closed to further investment...
    With Kind Regards

"RateSetter's current shareholders – its current owners – include Woodford Investment Management ... If Metro Bank doesn't return the pot, it looks like RateSetter's current investors will make a hefty loss of more than 70% of the money they put in."
    I don't really get this "return the pot" option.  RateSetter's current shareholders will get what Metro Bank pay for the shares, there's no reason to suppose that, in addition, their investment (in the "pot") will also be returned to them.
  • Otis71
    Options
    Evening all,
    Newish P2P dabbler here, so still looking across various operators so I can spread the platform risk.
    One I've looked at is Kuflink, which I recall getting some decent reviews in the past. However, looking at the Companies House records of the various group companies, their accounts are VERY overdue - the last ones filed are for June 2018.
    I'll be avoiding them for now of course, but is there anything on the grapevine that I've missed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback