We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Options

Comments

• freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :)

NSD #10 yesterday :j

Hope everyone is staying warm, it is well below freezing (-6) where I am and it makes me :( On the bright side, not long until the shortest day :) For some reason that is a big pyschological boost for me. :)

Have a great day :T
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Number 8 for me yesterday:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • marmiterulesok
    Options

Hope everyone is staying warm, it is well below freezing (-6) where I am and it makes me :( On the bright side, not long until the shortest day :) For some reason that is a big pyschological boost for me. :)

It soon being the shortest day soon also helps me,then I remember that winter is just officially beginning.:(
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    It soon being the shortest day soon also helps me,then I remember that winter is just officially beginning.:(

Ahhh but, the sun is around for longer. I know it's just a few minutes every day but at least its there warming us up a fraction :)
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    On the bright side, not long until the shortest day :) For some reason that is a big pyschological boost for me. :)

Ohhhh me too! I sooooo love once it's out the way!:D
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • chris81418
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :wave:

Popping in to report that I caught NSD number 7 yesterday! :j

Have a good day everyone and keep wrapped up warm! cold.gif
    :money: Proud to [STRIKE]be dealing with[/STRIKE] have dealt with my debts! :money:
    DFW Nerd #1256, WSC £?/£? for w/c 03/03/2013, NSD ?/19 for 03/2013, Long Hauler #196

highest debts: 01/06/2006 £69,023.92 _pale_
    debt free date: 31/12/2012 £0!:D
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    My grandparents were married on the shortest day, but given she was soooooo victorian I daresay Pops didn't gain any advantage smiley-winks-emoticon.gif

The council should have been a big thumbs down--sorry, I was rushing yesterday--& I suppose he's right to say he's not paid to think. Imagine the strife if a boss of his had been in the crowd & saw the poor warden ignoring all those motors...
    his grandmother sounds marvelous, when i grow old i want to be like that.

sounds lovely what you do, we do something slightly different on my fathers birthday or the weekend of, my sisters and i plan a pic nic and have it around his grave, tombstone buffet if you will. My OH found this very weird when we were first together and most people do when they find out. However my father is buried in our childhood village church right on the edge overlooking the valley and houses. there are lots of other villagers we have known and we go drink to their health too. my father died when I was 11 and we have done it ever since, by going on his birthday i feel we celebrate his life rather than remorse the loss.

for me even though i talk to my father, nothing beats the conversation i have with him when i am by his grave overlooking the village we lived in.

freeby - very annoying about the car.. hope the insurance comes out right.

No NSDs for me oon Firday due to me buying lunch as i ended up doing a 12 hour day... sigh.. Saturday after picking up my ring (SO EXCITED) we went for a wimpy (mmmmm wimpy!) and I went to church and made a donation, Sunday bought my grandparents some food, bought myself food (should have really planned for that...) made a donation to church then we got home and i went promptly to bed so that today I can start a marathon NSDing.

WHOOO! HERE I GO! So i am going to declare now to stop me spending NSD 5 :rotfl:
    Ooh she was a spirited one, both inside & out :D & one of Gloucestershire's best exports!
    When FIL passed, the family were discussing the option of having more wreaths to mark the anniversary. I told (then) hubby he could do as he felt, but to please not include my name; I didn't--& still don't--want to actively commemorate such an awful time so concentrate on birthdays, Ma/Pa Day & crimbly instead.
    When it came to me decorating the kitchen I got to an awkward bit to wallpaper so stopped to think on how best to tackle it, then had FIL to one side & my dad on t'other--like those cartoons of a little
    halloween-costume.gif sitting on one shoulder & an bug-costume-smiley-emoticon.gif on the other--giving me the benefit of their experience :rotfl: It made me smile & gave me the oomph I needed to complete the task, they all continue to give me comfort & I really don't care if folk think I'm barmy..

Yesterday was more expensive than I thought it would be because I was a generous mummy who gave her babies an early crimbly present; I didn't know that as I picked up a couple of dvds as per request & assumed I would be reimbursed facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif Flamin' kids!

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Fae
    Fae Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    NSD 8 yesterday, should be an NSD today as well so fingers crossed as that will get me to the halfway mark :)

Fae
    LBM 29/10/2013 £14,218.00 As of 13/04/2014 £6477.00
    Paid 54%
    3 months to go 13 weeks
    DFD 28th August 2014
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Planning on NSD #3 today so declaring early so I avoid temptation!! :) Me and OH going shopping after work but that's budgeted for and one exception to my 'rules'

:D
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    and yes #10 today please! Hmm think I will do my usual jump to a new target of 15 please Freebyfifty :D (passes round some virtual mince pies and mulled wine in glee!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport