We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Options

Comments

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    ....Not sure what else I could put in tho' (hate coffee with water - urgh!) and not really a huge tea fan....
    Fruit tea (I like the ones with more unusual ingredients like loganberry or rosehip with the berries), herbal tea, hot squash of some sort like a good blackcurrant, with a bit of honey & lemon? Could you put the coffee into a little bag in your handbag, & just have a flask of hot milk? We sometimes cheat with those little sachets of drinking chocolate & add milk+water instead of just water (the diet version with caramel is :drool: )
    Hope you find something to your taste but if you're a patient as opposed to a visitor, I think you are entitled to spoil yourself with a good coffee. Good Luck for the next visit x
    ....I love your little elf picture. :) I may have to borrow that one....
    Is it obvious I've been playing :p I found our friend HERE & it looks like he's brought plenty of friends so we can all have one ;)
    A proper shame about the motor; we had a report on our local news saying the price of half decent second handers has rocketted because folk can't/won't buy new, particularly for the smaller engines :( What kind of thing would you have in mind, then if I hear of anything I'll give you a nod...I was offered one of my dream motors the other day--a p/t cruiser :happyhear--but it's an older 2litre jobbie that I couldn't afford to keep in peppermints, let alone the boring stuff like insurance. [I do like to have a goodly supply of (preferably spear) mints & sugar free gum when I'm driving; stops me swearing at the silly beggas who think they own the bluddin highways :mad: ]

No 7 stopped by yesterday & helped me with my personal secretarial duties. The day before, She Who thinks she Must Be Obeyed declared she "could write a few cards!" but 3 into the list & Yours Truly gets the puppy-dawg eyes to finish 'em :doh:Ah well..kept me out of mischief :rotfl:

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    NSD #6 today :)

Trying to come up with ideas of what i can do with the kids to keep them occupied.
    Now they are 12 and 8, its getting harder to do free/cheap stuff with them. Going to the park doesnt cut it, and free things like the museum/art gallery are a 45min drive away,. so not free/cheap after petrol and parking costs (besides, we have been there loads of times before, and its getting boring for all of us now)!
    Sorting out things they no longer want, clean them up with a few drops of baby bottle sterilizer (BE CAREFUL! That stuff can bleach fabric!) to donate to the charities collecting for those less fortunate.
    Sorting out their wardrobes, holding a clothes swap with their pals.
    Making paperchains from coloured magazine/advert pages cut into strips.
    Baking biscuits for the elderly gent across the road.
    Designing a centrepiece similar to a halloween pumpkin for the window sill.
    Make & decorate a cake for grandparents.
    Make place names for the crimbly table from gingerbread.
    Melt chocolate into empty spread tubs & decorate for gifts to pals etc.
    Choose the songs to play during crimbly lunch.
    Make a wreath from newspapers to hang on the door.
    Visit an old people's home to play card games or something.
    Make their own pizza.
    Pair up socks, gloves, shoes.
    Make sock monkeys (there's a good thread on here somewhere) with odd socks.
    Make draught excluders from tatty clothes, tightly rolled newspapers, old pillows etc.
    Make some decorations to hang from strings pinned to the top of internal doors.
    Find out what frankincense & myrhh are & what they do.

HTHx

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    Fruit tea (I like the ones with more unusual ingredients like loganberry or rosehip with the berries), herbal tea, hot squash of some sort like a good blackcurrant, with a bit of honey & lemon? Could you put the coffee into a little bag in your handbag, & just have a flask of hot milk? We sometimes cheat with those little sachets of drinking chocolate & add milk+water instead of just water (the diet version with caramel is :drool: )
    Hope you find something to your taste but if you're a patient as opposed to a visitor, I think you are entitled to spoil yourself with a good coffee. Good Luck for the next visit x

Thanks .... back again on Monday!:eek:

I think it's the milk curdling so not sure that I can do anything about that:( so think I'll have to stick to buying one but I could certainly take the flask with some hot blackcurrant in and keep that for if I need another hot drink later :)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    Sorting out things they no longer want, clean them up with a few drops of baby bottle sterilizer (BE CAREFUL! That stuff can bleach fabric!) to donate to the charities collecting for those less fortunate.
    Sorting out their wardrobes, holding a clothes swap with their pals.
    Making paperchains from coloured magazine/advert pages cut into strips.
    Baking biscuits for the elderly gent across the road.
    Designing a centrepiece similar to a halloween pumpkin for the window sill.
    Make & decorate a cake for grandparents.
    Make place names for the crimbly table from gingerbread.
    Melt chocolate into empty spread tubs & decorate for gifts to pals etc.
    Choose the songs to play during crimbly lunch.
    Make a wreath from newspapers to hang on the door.
    Visit an old people's home to play card games or something.
    Make their own pizza.
    Pair up socks, gloves, shoes.
    Make sock monkeys (there's a good thread on here somewhere) with odd socks.
    Make draught excluders from tatty clothes, tightly rolled newspapers, old pillows etc.
    Make some decorations to hang from strings pinned to the top of internal doors.
    Find out what frankincense & myrhh are & what they do.

HTHx

thanks MummaF, thats a great list! Both the kids love cooking, so why i hadnt thought of making pizza, baking stuff etc, is beyone me!
    Thanks so much :)
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    Morning all!

I've just got up after my school reunion last night (got home just before midnight) and have decided to have a PJ day today. :) Because I was driving though, didn't have any alcohol, which was definately a good move, as there are people nursing sore heads on facebook this morning.

Going for a NSD today, but shall report back on that later. x
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all - NSD No 4 for me today please.
    Going to a Christmas function tonight so DH will be buying the drinks - hehe
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    To everyone who is being a designated driver on nights out/work do's- Coca-cola are doing BOGOF drinks for designated drivers.
    http://blog.cokezone.co.uk/christmas/designated-driver/
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,321 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD today ~ No 7.
    Not going out today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    No 5 please
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OOh OOh OOh! Cue lights, music, herd of tapdancing wildebeest followed by trio of cancanning chickens....the Nargle now has 2 NSDs!!!!!
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport