We Are Decking the Halls with NSDs December Challenge

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,318 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    rising~If I was you I would take the 10p out of your change pot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    rising~If I was you I would take the 10p out of your change pot.

Ohhhhhh - that's a good idea :T

I have a plastic money bag that I empty the [STRIKE]carp [/STRIKE]loose change (that won't fit in one of my various pots!) into each week at the end of the Weekly Spend Challenge ;) (so I can start afresh the next week & know exactly how much I've spent).

There's def more than 10p in there! :)

If everyone's OK with that .... No 4 please!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • DanielleNic87
    Options
    NSD #4 for me today.

February GC £26.68/£250

• liltdiddylilt
    Options
    I lied, I lied, I lied!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's actually NSD #6 but I can't count!!! Still 4 in a row though!!!! :rotfl:
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • butdoineedit?
    Options
    BigMummaF wrote: »

I must contact the florist soon as I order particular colours of carnations
    & Mum has a little arrangement made, to be collected Xmas Eve. Christmas morning I go up to the Cemetery; the tradition began after FIL passed over 30yrs ago & sadly the numbers have grown, but it is not a sad place to be. Mum used to think I was weird til she came with me after losing Dad, & saw the incredible number of other relatives who do the same. When it's a glorious winter sun we sit & watch the people & birds, then move to the older part to spot the squirrels scurrying around the knarled trees.
    Somehow, this act of remembrance completes my Dec 25th & gives me half an hour of peaceful reflection before entering the commercial world once again.

That sounds amazingly peaceful & was a lovely reminder to me of the true meaning of christmas!

Rising – definitely agree that you shouldn’t lose an NSD for 10p, especially when it sounds like you totally deserved those coffees!

Beanie – bah to the tyres, such bad luck that 2 went at the same time, no wonder you felt like crying!!

Red – glad your mum’s op went well & she’s on the mend now, hopefully she will continue to do well & you can all enjoy Christmas together.

Thank you all for your wonderfully supportive comments, nor sure which way the fight is going to go right now, but it's been amazing to have all your support, so thank you!!

Oh & i can declare numbers 5 & 6 too :j:j
    February NSD challenge 5/15
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes was at same time.
    Drove over something,not sure what.

Beanie when the police throw those stinger things out in front of you, you're supposed to stop - will we be seeing you on Road Wars anytime soon? ;) (sorry, not making light of the situation, just trying to give you a wee smile x)
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    I must contact the florist soon as I order particular colours of carnations [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]& Mum has a little arrangement made, to be collected Xmas Eve. Christmas morning I go up to the Cemetery; the tradition began after FIL passed over 30yrs ago & sadly the numbers have grown, but it is not a sad place to be. Mum used to think I was weird til she came with me after losing Dad, & saw the incredible number of other relatives who do the same. When it's a glorious winter sun we sit & watch the people & birds, then move to the older part to spot the squirrels scurrying around the knarled trees.
    Somehow, this act of remembrance completes my Dec 25th & gives me half an hour of peaceful reflection before entering the commercial world once again.

I know what you mean BMF, I took some flowers up to my dad last Xmas in between sticking the turkey in and knowing my mum was going to be late. It was so tranquil, albeit rather sad leaving wishing my dad was there to join in the day,

Flask ... yup - I think it's because I like my coffee made with milk (like a proper latte) and not sure that this keeps that well for several hours?

Not sure what else I could put in tho' (hate coffee with water - urgh!) and not really a huge tea fan.

I might try making some hot choc in the flask tomorrow (usually do this with milk too :o but more chance of this being OKish with water) and see how long that's OK for.

do you heat the milk too before adding it to the coffee? That might help?

Well, i seem to have been a bit AWOL for the past couple of days. Busy at work and stuff. Thought I'd make a NSD today, but actually ended up getting my youngest niece a gorgeous little top and trousers from the TU range for her b'day. Was going to just send money but these were really cute, and i could use some of my necar points so technically :money: (assuming the clothes + postage is less than the value of £ we'd have sent :eek:)

Ordered another part of OH's xmas stash today so I feel like I'm getting there. Must pull my finger out on the NSD front though.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kitschkitty
    kitschkitty Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD 3 achieved today. :)
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • kururunfa
    Options
    Today was a spending day for me :( I called to cancel my Credit Expert trial, but I was a day late, so they've taken the money for the first month. It's annoying to get caught out like that, but at least it's cancelled now so there won't be a second month.

Have a good weekend everyone!
    £2013 in 2013 Member |
  • MummyRivett
    Options
    Surpisingly 7NSD today, I ended up working from home so I saved on fares too.

I've just realised I've gone a whole week without spending. I can't believe it.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Bagged NSD #4 and 3-in-a-row :j and still in week 1! I would like to try for 4-in-a-row next week (tomorrow will probably be a spendy day but saying that, I won't count money from the grocery pot unless I'm overspent and I'm not going anywhere so...:cool:)

Vicky
    x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure