Kipling bags and purses offers (genuine items only please)

Options

Comments

• Swiftworm
    Options
    Seems weird to me - 186 items 'available' but most are out of stock? Seems odd on Day 1, never seen it like this before - has anyone else? Is it some sort of glitch or have they really sold out already?

Was thinking the same thing...:think:
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems weird to me - 186 items 'available' but most are out of stock? Seems odd on Day 1, never seen it like this before - has anyone else? Is it some sort of glitch or have they really sold out already?

I can understand it. Kipling bags are popular and this forum gets lots of views, even if there are fewer posts these days.

I didn't spot the update post from tweets (about the Kipling sale) until a few minutes ago, so I'm late to the party.......so to speak.

I wish that vente privee would ask their customers (like me) to tell them which products/suppliers they are interested in.............and then send alert emails when they are about to be included.

I appreciate the superb prices at vente privee but I'm often left disappointed at the number of items that are grey/sold out.

If anyone gets a tip off early, I'd appreciate a PM before it's posted on the forum so I can see more goods and less grey.

Thanks

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Nile wrote: »
    I can understand it. Kipling bags are popular and this forum gets lots of views, even if there are fewer posts these days.

I didn't spot the update post from tweets (about the Kipling sale) until a few minutes ago, so I'm late to the party.......so to speak.

I wish that vente privee would ask their customers (like me) to tell them which products/suppliers they are interested in.............and then send alert emails when they are about to be included.

I appreciate the superb prices at vente privee but I'm often left disappointed at the number of items that are grey/sold out.

If anyone gets a tip off early, I'd appreciate a PM before it's posted on the forum so I can see more goods and less grey.

Thanks

Nile

Hi Nile you can get alert emails from Vente Privee.

Sign in into your account click menu left side

My notifications then my brand alerts they will then send you an email day before or on same day depends which box you tick;

Hope this helps .
  • *Rainbow*Warrior*
    *Rainbow*Warrior* Posts: 355 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2017 at 8:44PM
    Options
    Nile wrote: »

Thanks

Nile

As Tweets said, you can get email alerts. I actually got an alert yesterday. I tried to access the sale yesterday but couldn't as it hadn't gone live.

I looked at it again at about 10.30am this morning. By that time when I clicked 'all available products' in the bag section it showed 186 items but only about 30-40 were available, all the others were greyed out and listed as 'out of stock'.

It seemed odd because I've looked at their sales a few times over the last couple of years and never had to panic buy. This seemed odd for the morning of the first day. I don't know what time it went live, I suppose if it was midnight maybe people got in early, but as I say I've never seen it like this before.

Another odd thing is that even now it still shows 186 items (down to about 10 actually available now) but in the past I've refreshed the page and the number of items has changed, so I assumed they were deleted as they went out of stock, and also in the past you would only see a few out of stock items on screen, as I think they were removed - but this time they are still visible, just sitting there greyed out to taunt us - all 176 out of stock items. :mad:

EDIT Now it's down to 5 items left in the bag section.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks tweets and *Rainbow*Warrior*, I didn't know about the brand alert thingy.............but I've done it now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • *Rainbow*Warrior*
    Options
    On the subject of alerts, is there a list of all the brands they sell anywhere? At the moment I'm just randomly typing in search terms in the hope of finding a hit. Up to now I've only had Kipling on my alerts but I'd like to know what else there may be.

Found 'Disney' but none of my other attempts have matched.
  • ktk
    ktk Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent a fortune on Vente-prive this week. Three Kipling bags and four pairs of Converse for my daughter. Most will go in the cupboard for Xmas and birthdays. May have spent a lot, but saved more!!
  • deely
    deely Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sorry, this post is probably next to useless but thought I'd let you make up your own minds!!
    Had a quick nip into TK Maxx this afternoon and I spotted quite a few Kipling bags - think they might all have been backpacks - in lots of different patterns. Don't know any names (SORRY, was in a rush) and only spotted one price and that was £49.99.
    Can't remember seeing any Kipling in there before.
    The End!!
  • stripes
    stripes Posts: 323 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2017 at 11:06PM
    Options
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CZHLZ2M/ref=twister_B00CBZ0VLK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

White Gabbie Cross body on Amazon £27.81 free delivery
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D

Very reasonably priced Kiplings on Amazon at the moment.

Alvars from £19

Gabbie £24

Syro £23

Defea £29

ARt s £26

Halia £28

Just search - loads of good prices :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback