Euro savings accounts in UK?

Options
2»

Comments

• Poq
    Poq Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    Do you google? e.g. http://www.expat.hsbc.com/1/2/hsbc-expat/products/current-accounts/bank-account (I am not recommending HSBC - it might be good, it might not be, it was just my first google find).

Yes, I Googled.

The question I asked before was not about HSBC but Nationwide.

HSBC:

"To be eligible to bank, save and invest with us, you must maintain a minimum relationship balance of £25,000, or currency equivalent. "
  • Poq
    Poq Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Euro accounts are quite easy to find - if you live/ own property in Europe, you will have more oportunity for better interest rates.

Why keep Euros if in UK? Exchange to GBP at a good rate in the festive season (when selling GBP/EUR is favourable - at the moment ~1.23) then buy Euros back later on in 2013, limit order 1.28-1.30.

This will outweigh any pathetic interest rate in the west, but of course, higher risk/return.

Interesting, so you're saying that the rates are better for selling GBP in Xmas, and then buy EUR in the year?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Poq wrote: »
    Interesting, so you're saying that the rates are better for selling GBP in Xmas, and then buy EUR in the year?

just a gambling tip. It might be right, it might be wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure