How can you identify your HL S&S ISA portfolio for declaring on court forms?

Options
My brother needs to declare his accounts & also his investments.

Bank accounts are simple - bank/building society name, sort code, account number & away you go.

What about identifying his HL S&S ISA portfolio? Could it only possibly be the client ID number? Or is there another way to identify?

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My cash ISAs have account numbers, doesn't an S&S ISA?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    We've been looking through his account when he logs on to HL & the only thing we can find to tie the portfolio to him is a customer ID number at the top when he logs on. Just wondered if this is all there is.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    K_P83 wrote: »
    We've been looking through his account when he logs on to HL & the only thing we can find to tie the portfolio to him is a customer ID number at the top when he logs on. Just wondered if this is all there is.
    How does he add funds to the ISA for investment purchases?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think that the client number would be the identifier.
  • ccbrowning
    Options

When I add money to H&L to buy shares, I use my debit card and the funds show up immediately.

The Client number is the only identifier I can find anywhere in my account.
  • Consumerist
    edited 25 November 2012 at 5:10PM
    Options
    ccbrowning wrote: »
    When I add money to H&L to buy shares, I use my debit card and the funds show up immediately. The Client number is the only identifier I can find anywhere in my account.
    So the ISA account is a payee on a current account. There must be an account number and sort code associated with that payee. If it is a collections account the money is sent to then the customer ID / Client number is likely to be the reference number for transfers to the collections account.

Edit
    I'm not quite sure why you are paying money into your brother's ISA. Am I missing something?
  • ccbrowning
    Options
    So the ISA account is a payee on a current account. There must be an account number and sort code associated with that payee. If it is a collections account the money is sent to then the customer ID / Client number is likely to be the reference number for transfers to the collections account.
    Yeah I can't recall if I had to give that info personally. To 'top up' the account you just enter in a debit card number, etc. They may have asked for a sort code + account number when I set it up originally - poor memory. :D
    Edit
    I'm not quite sure why you are paying money into your brother's ISA. Am I missing something?
    Not sure if the OP is asking this so much as just wanting to know how the H&L S&S ISA is tracked and/or identified.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    ccbrowning wrote: »
    Not sure if the OP is asking this so much as just wanting to know how the H&L S&S ISA is tracked and/or identified.
    Sorry ccb, I thought I was replying to the OP. Mistaken ID. :)
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    IIRC he just has a linked account.
    He (i think) would go into "my account" & then "monthly savings" selecting which funds he would want to pay what money into.

Not 100% on this as he's had to stop his savings plan due to the ongoing court case (can't afford to keep putting money into it until it's all sorted).
    Yes, you are.

Where do you get the idea i'm paying money into his ISA when i've never said that i do that?
  • grey_gym_sock
    Options
    So the ISA account is a payee on a current account. There must be an account number and sort code associated with that payee.

i don't follow the logic here. when you pay by debit card, you don't generally know the account number and sort code that you're paying into. unlike when you pay by electronic bank transfer (e.g. fasterpayment).

i think the client number is the only useful number to give for an HL account.

the same client number can cover both an S&S ISA and a "fund & share account" (i.e. unwrapped investments), and so on. so you might specify the name or names of these accounts, as well as the client number. these are shown when you log in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure