E'ON increasing my DD by 25%!!

Options
124»

Comments

• deshepherd
    deshepherd Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    The aim is you don't pay too little or too much. Regular meter readings will help increase the accuracy of the calculation.
    There is one slight gotcha with "regular meter readings" to beware of. When you submit a reading around the quarterly bill date it automatically triggers the preparation of that bill ... and if you are too "efficient" and submit the reading before the monthly DD and if that is a quarter where the DD amount is going to be reassessed then the EOn computer will request a large DD increase as it things you are over a months payment behind (because that months DD hasn't arrived yet)! Happened to me a couple of year back when I submitted meter reading on the 1st which was on a weeked and DD only arrived on Monday. Anyway, quick call to CS and after explaining what I thought had happened they reran the calculation and DD returned to a more normal value!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a good point deshepherd.

You're right, for customers billed quarterly, readings entered 14 days either side of the next bill date automatically create a bill.

We have, though, refined our payment calculation tool. Pending payments are now taken into consideration when reviewing arrangements.

As you say, this wasn't always the case. We've taken on board situations similar to the one you describe. As a result, we've changed the way we work out future payments to save customers the hassle you had.

Hope this is of interest and thank you for highlighting these issues.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Spooky_uk
    Spooky_uk Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had this ourselves and what I find extremely annoying is eon are basing projected usage going forward based on the amount used over this past winter which was the worst in how many years? So as far as I am concerned they have massively over estimated usage going forward.
    Also, shouldn't an annual review cover the period from the start of a "plan"? Ours started in October and runs a year. Its not good measuring June to June when payment plans run october-october.

I am so annoyed at this with eon that I have already made my mind up to switch suppliers in October. Other issues with them in the past and this latest annoyance has finally persuaded me. I have no doubt that come October there will be issues surrounding the switch from eon's side and our moving from them. I predict it now!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Spooky_uk

We base Direct Debit calculations on how much energy has been used over the past 12 months. We then look to spread this cost evenly over the next 12 months.

Using the previous 12 months usage is usually the most accurate indicator of future consumption.

The annual review date is either a year after the Direct Debit is set up or a year after the last annual review.

We do understand, though, circumstances can change. Therefore, we've recently introduced a new online facility called the Direct Debit Manager.

This gives you the ability to make changes to your arrangement if you feel this would better suit your situation. I posted more about this on post 27 above.

It's also possible to change the date of your annual review but you would need to call us about this.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure