PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• mummy172
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm a long time lurker on this board. Can I join in this month please ( getting a head start on the new year resolutions :))

There is now just me and ds3 (who's 10) at home.

I'm setting a budget of 250 poundsand hope to come in below this, but we'll see :o
    December G/C 172.85/250
    Dec NSD's 10/8:j
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    would love to help ROSIEBEN but computer daft can just do this and upgrade sig thats my max. went to mr t this morn at half 6 as had sore ear and was up all night , big 24 hr one beside me.......place was bunged!!! didnt realise how many people shopped at that time anyway got 55,89 of stuff most veg and fruit and fresh made bakery yes im a fool i was lured into the sm concept of smells nice buy it!!! so sitting eating croissants and have enough donuts/bagels pancakes to feed a small village away to update sig happily scoffing custard danish ........i will go into screaming nerves when the sugar rush wears off, have a good day all, cold but dry here.xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • icklepiggle
    Options
    Icklepiggle 325 for me as it's Xmas
    Back after paying off DMP in 2014

Want to make sure debt doesn’t start creeping up again
  • pinchingpenny
    Options
    Hey everyone

I am a long time lurker on here and have been watching the November grocery challenge with interest while tracking my spending, and would love to join in for December!

I spent about £70 in November just on me but this includes quite a few store cupboard items which I still have plenty of.

So I would like to aim for £60 for December starting on Friday and see how I go! This allows £35 estimate for fresh food and £25 to build up my stores a bit more with any offers too good to miss. I don't have much space, sharing a flat with 3 other professionals (not moneysavers) but I've started building some things up in the bottom of my wardrobe! I will be staying with family over Christmas so really this is quite a short month but we'll see how it goes! I am still quite new to this.
    Nov Groceries: approx £90
    Dec GC: £31.93/£60 Jan GC: £33.55/£45 Feb GC: £0/£45
    Pot: Dec 195/ Jan 147/ Feb 114/ Mar 43
    Total: 499
  • nicolula87 wrote: »
    Hi!

I would like to join for the first time please. Although with Christmas coming up it may be a bit difficult (I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the first time!) So my monthly budget is going to be £300

My biggest challenge is going to be the OH, he is terrible for spending money just because he sees something he fancies, so not sure how I'm going to address that!

I already tend to meal plan for a week at a time which has helped my spending but am hoping to reduce it further.

Looking forward to getting started. Can anyone tell me how to add GC to my sig please?

Thanks
    Can you leave The OH at home i just dont say when i go shopping or when i go walking ( it is a bit obvious when i go out with my rucksack tho ) but he knows i go and come back "with stuff" either that or the shopping fairy brings them .
    morries has had an offer 3 for 3 2lt cokes now with a 20 min walk each way i also have an excuse for not getting like 6 bottles of coke each time i go haha
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • mummygems
    Options
    I went over my November budget mainly due to DH and me borrowing the cash out the jar and not remembering to put it back so then i lost complete track of everything! No one is touching this months money or else!

My month started on 23rd November (DH payday) and will finish on 23rd December as he gets paid on Xmas eve. I get paid on Friday but my money is just swallowed up with the direct debits!

Can I please be put down for £500 for December

We are going to my in-laws for Christmas Day with my mum and nan and then back to the in laws on Boxing Day to see DH's sisters and their families. I am getting the chicken and sausages in bacon for xmas day so it wont be a massive spend. I am not really a big drinker now but I am sure we will get some lager/wine in for over christmas. I succumbed to the tins of chocolates whoops but will share them out with family and friends who come to visit in December!

I have pretty much done all my present shopping and wrapped all bar my own childrens presents (as we have nowhere to hide them lol).

Thank you to everyone who makes this thread possible x
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    she_who_can_not_cook Posts: 650 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2012 at 12:59PM
    Options
    craigywv wrote: »
    would love to help ROSIEBEN but computer daft can just do this and upgrade sig thats my max. went to mr t this morn at half 6 as had sore ear and was up all night , big 24 hr one beside me.......place was bunged!!! didnt realise how many people shopped at that time anyway got 55,89 of stuff most veg and fruit and fresh made bakery yes im a fool i was lured into the sm concept of smells nice buy it!!! so sitting eating croissants and have enough donuts/bagels pancakes to feed a small village away to update sig happily scoffing custard danish ........i will go into screaming nerves when the sugar rush wears off, have a good day all, cold but dry here.xxx
    A new mrt opened up a 20 min walk from meyesterday its got a beauty bit and i got my hair and brows done along with a sight test and lens assestment
    I am ashamed to say i have given up trying to fib and admit i need varifocals and should not keep looking over my glasses at people in work lol . wow i am not used to an EXTRA... each time i paid for something they said "have you got your T card " i may just go for another walk about 6 ish and see IF there is any reduced lol
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • lemmings1986
    Options
    hi all hope everyone is well
    a little spend to report,
    went to mr t's last night and got
    2x packs of mushrooms 10p each
    1x brocoli 10p
    carrot,cauli,brocoli mix x2 5p each
    total 40p
    and went to C**p today and got a
    bottle of coke 69p
    2x food bags 65p ech
    total £2.39

so im making a tikka curry with some leftover chicken to go in freezer and were having sausage and mash for tea with some of the veg i got yesterday and the rest of the veg im going to part cook,portion up and put in freezer.:)
    hope everyone has a good day
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome to all the newbies, well done for coming out of lurkdom - nicolula87, Karenccs67, mummy172 and pinchingpenny - good luck for December :D

Will be joining you all officially on Satuday, until then I'm still finishing up my November challenge.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • xxlouisexx56
    Options
    Can I up my total to 250 please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills