🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Time to start again

Options

Comments

• happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Hey Mara_uk7 Thank you for your kind remarks :o) well i couldnt post anything yesterday i had quite an interesting day at work i ended up having to do a 16 hour shift finishing work at midnight, blimey i was shattered afterwards. didnt get into bed til after one well i slithered into bed. Well i am proud to say aswell i have set myself my own little challenge i have'nt touched a drop of alcohol since Newyears day night i wonder how long i can go with out!! A lesson that i did learn from yesterday not to bring money into work, 'would you like to put into a 60th birthday collection 'me Yeah of course but i have only got ten pound on me 'other person 'Dont worry i have change i will take 2pound' me i was only going to give a quid i didnt have the guts to tell her.

Spends for yesterday £3pound for my tea and 2 pound for my birthday contribution.

Well today i have had a bit of a lie in got up around 10 ish and i am generally chilling a little before i am back at work at two today Officially i am calling today as the start of my diet and still i havent checked to see what weight i am will check later on regarding this. Well 2013 is going to be a year of decluttering debt busting and changing my health but i have always wanted to do a bit of a charity work and this year i am going to do it, but i think i have found something that is going to be beneficial to me and beneficial to the charity saving me money because must of my training will be based on cycling to work and back i am going to do a cycling event in aid of the Sir Bobby Robson foundation for me its a worthy cause raising funds for because i truly believe everyone knows somebody that has been affected by cancer. My spends for today 24.50 entry fee for the event but the possibilities of saving money by cycling to work could be endless over this year. My father got me my dinner today aswell thanks Dad once again really appreciate your help and support.
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Well after a short shift today (2/8) i am already to start decluttering tomorrow and making some money through ebay/ amazon tonight i have done some work for swagbucks answering surveys, dejunking for me is going to be based on four aspects Recycling Tip keep and forsale by the time i am finished i will be wearing a fig leaf and sleeping on a mattress on the floor (only joking) today i have been weighed 15 stone 6ib, and i have also had another non spend thanks to my parents sorry that my post is short but need to get to bed although its a day off i have lots of things ahead Good night everyone hope your day has been good XhappydaddyX
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Hey good morning its my day off today and today is declutter day for me, i have got rid of an old double bed a fish tank (without fish) 3 bags of waste, then i have realised i have a dinner date so i am off out in a wee bit, this afternoon what is in store? well a funeral picking my daughter up for the weekend. Anyway hope you are having a good friday i know i am a different one in all kind of ways
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Well i haven't had the best of starts to the New Year, My poor mum has been stuck in Hospital poorly It has really made me think about things my Mum but Dad both are 61 and 62 and general health are very poor with them both, i am determined that my time with them i will relish and enjoy so my plans of dejunking my parents home losing weight and getting fitter have gone pearshaped due to daily visits to the Hospital, Work, but i am determined to get myself sorted out
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Mum being ill.

Hope you are managing to keep your chin up.

How is your daughter doing? and your dinner date friend ;)

Had been thinking there was something wrong as have missed you posting :beer:
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    I've missed your posts too!!! Usually you have an update to make everyone reading smile :)

Sorry to hear about your mum too. Funny how your priorities change when certain things happen. Make the most of your time with your folks. You speak of your dad a lot and I know you have a very close relationship with him, just like you have with your daughter. Cherish every moment with your parents and family.
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    aww thanks guys its really nice to hear your lovely positive remarks, today has been a day off for me this has been a third day off for me well i had a little bit of a lie in today well, i was a little lazy to be honest but hey i have a heck of a cold and thats my excuse going to be a lazy,well a little, to start the day off i done my good deed of the day i took my daughters mum to college due to the weather i am so pleased we are in a position that i can do this now things in the past between me and emmas mummy has been so bad but we are civil its amazing sometimes you cannot live with a person but your best off as friends. It was quite bad in the North East this morning but i was dead chuffed i was due to have my daughter for the afternoon my plan after picking her up from school and choir practice a mega snowball fight snow angels and sledging phew and then to warm up with home made soup yum any wayy at dinnertime i assisted my dad with his jobs he needed to go and get shopping in and wanted a look out at Tesco so i helped him unfortunately he fell whilst out thankfully people where there to help but i do realise now however hard i want to keep my parents independant as time goes on they are going to be needing my assistance a lot more but i am thankful my sister does help whereever she can. Decluttering has started today for me i have arranged through a local church that the youth group from summer will cut grass and tidy the hedges for me that in itself is a huge relief for me it takes pressure off me :o). Well after a lovely day pelted with snow balls by emmalou and sledging on a illuminous pink sledge i thawed through and i went to seem my mum in hospital we are hoping that in the next couple of days she will be back out of hospital where she belongs HOME.

well back to work tomorrow a 12 hour shift i am chomping on carrots and watching botched up bodies on channel 5 what have i gained from today

five pound from my daughters mum petrol money that will go into my savings account,

a home made salad jacket potato and beans co my dad

visiting my mum in hospital and cheering her up

and giggles and fun with my daughter priceless!!!

Also a non spend day:j

Stay safe and warm everyone and i hope tomorrow you stay safe with the bad weather. HappyDaddy x
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Today for me has been a nice simple day for me i have done a 12 hour shift its been the first one in a couple of days its got me slightly tired but i am ok the only spends for the day two pound for weight watchers meals at tesco, any way although its a short post i hope every one has had a warmsafe day good night X
  • happy_daddy_2
    Options
    Hey good morning well the sun is shining and i am just watching Sky News at the moment my word its dreadful to hear about the helicopter crash in London my thoughts go out to everyone involved, Well its my day off today my mum still remains in Hospital and at the moment i havent got a game plan at the moment, may just have to have another coffee and kick start my day the caffeine way :)
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your day off :beer:

Hope your Mum is making progress and she is back home soon.

It is freezing cold and all the ground is white here with frost :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family