Derbyshire NetSaver new issue 8

Options
Derbyshire have announced issue 8 of this account paying 2.2% with bonus. Down from 2.5% for issue 7. More bad news for savers.

Comments

• Sam_Malone
    Options
    I applied for Issue 7 on Tuesday and sent the completed application off (with a Cheque) yesterday.

So I wonder if I will get the 2.5% rate.
    Making your way in the world today takes everything you got where everybody knows your name
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just received an offer in the post for Issue 9 (2.36%).

This looks like a limited edition available only to customers with existing Issue 1 accounts which are reaching the end of their bonus period - but I'm not sure.

edit: it's not on their website.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I called the Derbyshire and they never mentioned Issue 9, only Issue 8 at 2.2%. I have an Issue 1 Netsaver.

Very aggravating because I only called them 3 days ago wanting to join Issue 7 but the person I spoke with discouraged me, didn't exactly say "don't do it" but said that there might be better offers for existing customers, so I waited. And got stung.

Am off to the West Brom!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Sparky47
    Sparky47 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I have just received a letter offering me 1.5% instead of 1% on my issue 1 account.

No mention of issue 9 but that is probably because I opened an issue 6 on 23rd Oct paying 2.75%.

So we have gone from issue 6 to issue 8 in just over 3 weeks.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My 3.25% issue 1 comes to end of bonus this month so I opened a issue 7 2.5% as next best thing at the moment. Not had the letter about issue 9 yet.

However I will be putting bulk of money in the Northern Rock 3.16% and Halifax 2.8% where there is still space below the 85k limits.

What to do when those bonuses run out will be another problem.

How can any Government expect to win the next election with policies like these?
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My issue 1 Netsaver ends soon. They've offered 1.5% AER gross. No mention of issue 7, 8 or 9 so I guess it will still be issue 1.
  • theGrinch
    theGrinch Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    savers continue to be massacred with falling savings rates despite no change in BBR rate for years.
    "enough is a feast"...old Buddist proverb
  • 4$£&*(£$&*(!
    Options
    I emailed them last week saying I wanted to go onto netsaver 7 once my current rate finished, they emailed back saying I'd get a letter with my options (which arrived today). In that letter it says my rate is going to 1.5%, but if I have provided an instruction to change the account to ignore that letter as it would be updated.

I've emailed back (fortunately using the secure online system so there's a record of my original request) demanding they put me on netsaver 7. If they don't I'll simply move my money and lodge a complaint to get compensation for missing out.
  • barak
    barak Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I emailed them last week saying I wanted to go onto netsaver 7 once my current rate finished.....

I've emailed back (fortunately using the secure online system so there's a record of my original request) demanding they put me on netsaver 7. If they don't I'll simply move my money and lodge a complaint to get compensation for missing out.
    Good luck! However I don't think they open accounts by email. What you could have done is open the NetSaver7 with £1 last week and then close the old account immediately before the rate drops - moving the closing balance to the new one.
    ".....where it is corrupt, purge it....."
  • G_M wrote: »
    I've just received an offer in the post for Issue 9 (2.36%).

This looks like a limited edition available only to customers with existing Issue 1 accounts which are reaching the end of their bonus period - but I'm not sure.

edit: it's not on their website.

Got the same issue 1 letter this morning. It says "Full details will be found on thederbyshire.co.uk website on 1st December." and then says accounts will be "automatically transferred"

Unfortunatley I missed issue 7, having only looked at it yesterday.... I will transfer most my funds elsewhere. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure