We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Phone recycling bank AVOID SCAMMERS!!

AVOID THESE SCAMMERS

I searched on the web to look for the best money back offer for my old Samsung Galaxy Ace and PRB came on top. I logged in my details (24/9/12) and a couple of days later duly received their prepaid envelope and sent it off (27/9/12). I then posted if off from a post office, making sure I got proof of posting.

We waited a couple of weeks and then having heard nothing, contacted them again (7/10/12). (I should perhaps mention I gave birth on 1/10/12 and so have much better things to do with my time!!!) My log in account said that they were still awaiting phone and when I e-mailed them, they too said that it had not been booked in. (8/10/12). With proof of posting, it was not possible to track the delivery. At this point my husband (a police officer) started to do some research on the company and read some reviews which really got us worrying. It seemed that an awful lot of people were either having phones lost or arriving damaged.

After telling them that there was no tracking number, I then received a reply (11/10/12) saying that they had received 'an empty damaged package which matched my account' and that they would be unable to take any further action. We phoned and asked for the packaging to be returned, in case my husband to get any forensic from it and for evidence for the royal mail and I logged the IME number as lost/stolen. They replied saying that they would 'requested further details from the warehouse and I will update you when I have received a response.' (12/10/12)

Having not heard anything further, I then contacted them again (18/10/12) to see what they had 'found out'. I received a reply from PRB the same day saying 'Our transport manager is currently forwarding your contact details to the Royal mail who will be in touch with you to advise further.'

By 23/10/12 I had still not heard anything so phoned the company. The phone operative said that the Transport manager had e-mailed my details to Royal Mail but when I phoned Royal Mail they had no knowledge of this. I e-mailed PRB and asked if they were then putting in a claim for me to which they replied, Thank you for your e mail. I can advise that we have sent your information to the royal mail. The royal mail will contact you.

Obviously no such thing happened!! By this stage I was getting more than a little fed up and so started to put a claim in to Royal Mail, as in the original letter from PRB which came with the freepost envelope, it said that with proof of postage, my package would be covered by Royal Mail loss or damage for up to £41.

To help fill in the form, I contacted them again, eg: when did the package arrive? (Remember I made contact with them on 7/10/12 initially when they had no evidence of it and then heard on 11/10/12 that it arrived damaged.) The e-mail said;
QUOTE
The parcel was never actually ‘delivered’ to us, we were notified by the Royal Mail Investigation Team Manager on the 2nd October that they had discovered the empty packet in their network. He brought the packet into us to gain some more information to aid his investigation
We have supplied all of the information that we had to the Royal mail, and this investigation is now being dealt with by them.
Unfortunately we are unable to assist any further.
END QUOTE
The above email statement is contradictory to the Royal mail claims.

A part of my claim, I attached a copy of this e-mail. On 8/11/12, I received a letter from Royal Mail saying that I did not qualify for compensation from Royal Mail. Confused, I rang Royal Mail to ask why and check if they needed further information and was shocked to be told that the business freepost that PRB used on their envelope did not entitle me to their cover and that the compensation cover provided by Royal Mail would have been for £46 not £41 in any case!!! I would have to make a claim from PRB!!!!

I am so fed up and angry at the incompetance and lies. I have rung again and am waiting for the manager to phone back. If there is no satisfactory response I will report them to trading standards and take them to the small claims court!!!!

I have kept all correspondence and can backup all my statements.
AVOID THIS COMPANY
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.