We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Advice needed on issue with Mobiles.co.uk
Hi,
Last week I took delivery of a Galaxy Ace from mobiles.co.uk on the Talkmobile network.
The contract I took out was £10 per month for 24 months with 250 mins/350MB/5000 texts and no upfront cost on the phone. On top of this I then can get cashback over the contract effectively bringing the contract back to £6.24/month. So far so good especially with £25 cashback on top of this through Quidco!
However on Friday I had a confirmation message confirming 200 mins/256MB/5000 texts. As mobiles.co.uk are closed on the weekend I spent an hour on the phone to them today trying to resolve the situation. The outcome being that they are saying that it was an error in their marketing department but they cannot change my contract. What they will do however as a gesture is offer me a free accessory for my phone.
I have a confirmation email from them stating the 250 mins and 5000 texts but it does not state the MB allowance. They say that it was always 250MB not the 350MB I claim.
I have no problem with the way my call was handled, the chap was very helpful, but I've now reached a bit of a stand off. They are prepared to cancel the contract but I'm loathed to do this as it is still a good deal, it's just not what I signed up to. Also if I do over run the minutes they charge 40p/min which could add up. (This is my first private mobile contract so am unsure as to how much allowance I will need, though I know I won't be a heavy user)
Any guidance on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Last week I took delivery of a Galaxy Ace from mobiles.co.uk on the Talkmobile network.
The contract I took out was £10 per month for 24 months with 250 mins/350MB/5000 texts and no upfront cost on the phone. On top of this I then can get cashback over the contract effectively bringing the contract back to £6.24/month. So far so good especially with £25 cashback on top of this through Quidco!
However on Friday I had a confirmation message confirming 200 mins/256MB/5000 texts. As mobiles.co.uk are closed on the weekend I spent an hour on the phone to them today trying to resolve the situation. The outcome being that they are saying that it was an error in their marketing department but they cannot change my contract. What they will do however as a gesture is offer me a free accessory for my phone.
I have a confirmation email from them stating the 250 mins and 5000 texts but it does not state the MB allowance. They say that it was always 250MB not the 350MB I claim.
I have no problem with the way my call was handled, the chap was very helpful, but I've now reached a bit of a stand off. They are prepared to cancel the contract but I'm loathed to do this as it is still a good deal, it's just not what I signed up to. Also if I do over run the minutes they charge 40p/min which could add up. (This is my first private mobile contract so am unsure as to how much allowance I will need, though I know I won't be a heavy user)
Any guidance on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
0
Comments
-
Cancel the contract. It;s the cleanest way out and will give you the least hassle if you don't like their deal
I have never seen a 350mb data allowance or even a 256Mb one, by the way. They do have some 350 minute contracts, though.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards