We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O2 charging early cancellation fees on a rolling monthly contract

2»

Comments

  • Emy1501
    Emy1501 Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Herongull wrote: »
    But they answered "yes" to the question about going elsewhere without penalty

    Yeah re reading the conversation and taking note of the , seems clear that they were agreeing you could move to another provider.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Yazoo32 wrote: »
    just to clarify, I did not upgrade to an iPhone 5 as it was not what I wanted, sorry should have made this clearer. I wanted a rolling monthly contract whilst I decided whether I wanted the iPhone 5. I didn't and I kept my old handset. Now I want to move to a better tariff but its not with O2.

    Please post in a way that makes sense, how did you obtain the IP5, sim free or part of this rolling contract which you think you are on?
    Or have you thrown the IP5 into the story to add confusion?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2012 at 10:15PM
    They didn't obtain the iP5. They waited for it on what they believed to be a 1 month contract, then changed their mind. And they made it very clear in the post #7.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    grumbler wrote: »
    The didn't obtain the iP5. They waited for it on what they believed to be a 1 month contract, then changed their mind. And they made it very clear in the post #7.

    What I don't understand then or more what is not clear from the posts is why they have just out of the blue sent out a handset, and if it was not what the OP wanted why did he use it 1st?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 November 2012 at 7:11PM
    The OP neither used iP5, nor sent it out. "The iPhone 5 proved a disappointment" remotely.
  • update:

    Got a call from O2 today. They are going to cancel my contract without any charges. They said they would do this as the online chat transcript basically said I could. Also incorrectly I had been put on a 12month contract instead of a monthly rolling one.
  • Ah well, the result you were looking for, but I think you had a pretty solid case either way and they probably acknowledged this in releasing you from the incorrect contract.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.