We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

3 - no signal for 3 days

In the last 3 days both me and OH could barely use our phones, most of the time it was showing no signal.
I noticed today that when I was visiting someone that they work fine there, called 3 to complain that it was very disturbing not being able to comunicate for 3 days, they told me it was "unplanned" works in my area (NW London) and that no one else complained (maybe they had no signal :) ). They offered and to reimburse the cost of the contract for the last 3 days and said that it should be fixed, but it still doesn't work

Can I get out of the contract ? As I really need to be able to use the phones that I am paying for (both contracts are in my name)

Comments

  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    mess0804 wrote: »
    In the last 3 days both me and OH could barely use our phones, most of the time it was showing no signal.
    I noticed today that when I was visiting someone that they work fine there, called 3 to complain that it was very disturbing not being able to comunicate for 3 days, they told me it was "unplanned" works in my area (NW London) and that no one else complained (maybe they had no signal :) ). They offered and to reimburse the cost of the contract for the last 3 days and said that it should be fixed, but it still doesn't work

    Can I get out of the contract ? As I really need to be able to use the phones that I am paying for (both contracts are in my name)

    No you can't !!!!
    Well not without the usual exit penalties.
    How may times are folk going to post seeking a petty way of exiting the looooooong 24 month comitment they signed up to?
  • They've offered to reimburse you for the downtime.

    Maintenance, planned and unplanned, is expected with a mobile phone service and isn't a way to exit a contract early.

    If you want to exit your contract then you'll have to pay an early termination fee.
  • I still have only 4 more months till the end of the contract and I will be running as far away from them as possible.
    I am not looking for a way to get out, I am on a sim only contract, so not even a huge cost due to a new phone.

    I am just paying my monthly cost and expect to get a service for that money . If I wouldn't pay my bill for days probably they would cut me off.

    Today is day 4 and this morning when I left for work I still had no signal. Maintenance works should be hours, not days, and done in the night. Also in 4 days they should have found a way to announce that it's a problem with their network, I was blaming the phone.

    I thought that someone has been in the same situation, not that you will jump for conclusions
  • You could always phone and demand they give you one of their booster boxes (uses your broadband to make a 3G signal)

    It's worth emailing their executive office - they're pretty good
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    mess0804 wrote: »
    I still have only 4 more months till the end of the contract and I will be running as far away from them as possible.
    I am not looking for a way to get out, I am on a sim only contract, so not even a huge cost due to a new phone.

    I am just paying my monthly cost and expect to get a service for that money . If I wouldn't pay my bill for days probably they would cut me off.

    Today is day 4 and this morning when I left for work I still had no signal. Maintenance works should be hours, not days, and done in the night. Also in 4 days they should have found a way to announce that it's a problem with their network, I was blaming the phone.

    I thought that someone has been in the same situation, not that you will jump for conclusions

    It's only that you mentioned it in the 1st post,maintainence cannot be progressed after sunset in a lot of occasions, it's only few months as you mention, the problem will be resolved long before that time.
  • Regarding THREE Network - Similar probs..not had proper phone signal for almost a year..another year to go until contract ends :(...have tried everything with their useless customer servces..asked for lower tarrif REFUSED.....asked for Home Signal Booster Box - REFUSED ...they want £248 to exit contract early ..they are useless...I miss call after call - texts saying someone left a voice mail 2 days before I get notification..text arriving after 24 - 48hrs after they were sent ..constant " Mobile network not available" captions when I need to ring or text in and around my home ....called Communications Ombudsman tody to escalate it ..also emailed Three Executive Office asking for a Deadlock Letter....fingers crossed !
  • I find it's fun to change your password to something quite offensive (do it online) and then call them up.

    Well, it amused me when three was annoying me
  • I never had problems before, but I don't find it ok for them not to stick to their part of the contract and provide the service.
    I still don't have a signal, had to buy a payg to use...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Have 3 switched off their 2G roaming agreement with Orange?

    If not, can your phone not roam onto Orange and make/receive calls?
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.