We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Has anyone actually received their order from EE??

I placed an order with EE on launch day, Tuesday 30th October at 8.30am.

Placed an order for a 32gb iPhone and received my order confirmation via email. Now, the email stated:

"If your order is received by 5pm, we'll do our best to deliver within two working days. Depending on stock levels, some things may take a little longer, but we'll let you know by email if this happens."

So Wednesday evening comes along and I've heard nothing so give them a call. The girl on the end of the phone says they've done the checks, charged me £99 for the phone and it was being packaged ready to be sent. Fast forward to Sunday (4th November), still no phone, so I gave them a call. This time I was told it's up to a 30 day wait for the iPhone and my confirmation email said this. I pointed out that she was wrong and that the email said that EE would be in touch if my phone was going to take longer to be delivered that two days, but she just reiterated the point that I'd have to wait up to 30 days.

I've now been waiting almost 2 weeks for my phone and apart from my original confirmation email and the phone calls I've made to them I've heard nothing from them. However, they were very quick to take the £99 for the phone even though they don't have it in stock!

Has anyone actually placed an order with EE for an iPhone and have it arrive yet? My order number was quick low (early 300's) so would have expected it to be towards the top of the list.

I'm a little annoyed at the lack of communication from EE to be honest!

Comments

  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ...I'm a little annoyed at the lack of communication from EE to be honest!
    You are a very forgiving person if you call this "luck of communication" and are annoyed just a little.

    I call this deception and dishonesty.
  • grumbler wrote: »
    You are a very forgiving person if you call this "luck of communication" and are annoyed just a little.

    I call this deception and dishonesty.

    Well that's what I was thinking, but I didn't know if I'm the only person in this situation? I've not seen anyone else complain about this.

    I'm close to ringing up & telling them to refund my £99 and cancel my order but I just wanted to see if anyone's actually received an order from them yet.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.