We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ovivo and Android

Daz2009
Daz2009 Posts: 1,192 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Taken from the Ovivo website

"Some features of our services may not, however, work with devices that have been “rooted” (Android) or “Jailbroken” (iOS."

Which services would they be and does it depend on the phone ?

Comments

  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Taken from the Ovivo website

    "Some features of our services may not, however, work with devices that have been “rooted” (Android) or “Jailbroken” (iOS."

    Which services would they be and does it depend on the phone ?

    Ask Ovivo and then tell the forum maybe ?????
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Their customer service doesn't work sundays that's why I'm asking here
  • £note
    £note Posts: 118 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I have an Ovivo sim in a rooted HTC Desire HD running Jellybean and everything works perfectly.
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I also have an Ovivo sim in a rooted Samsung Galaxy s running Jellybean and everything works perfectly on that two.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • Herongull
    Herongull Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have a rooted san francisco, and am running Fish N' Chips. No problems!

    I suspect all rooted androids will work perfectly with Ovivo and they are just putting in this disclaimer in case there are issues with the custom rom itself (which customers might blame on Ovivo).
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I got this reply from Ovivo

    Specifically we have seen the following problems:



    1) Over the air configuration of settings may not work and your device may have to be configured manually

    2) Some rooted devices may experience issues sending and receiving MMS and in some cases it may not function at all

    3) Some rooted devices may experience intermittent failures when browsing the Internet



    We have not seen any issues with voice and text services however.
  • Herongull
    Herongull Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well I did have to put in the settings for Ovivo rather than it being done automatically, but it wasn't a big deal.

    I never use MMS so can't comment.

    I've never had any problems with the internet.
  • classact_2
    classact_2 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Has anyone managed to get an Ovivo SIM working with a jail broken Apple iPhone running the latest iOS6? I tried but gave up. Is it possible?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    classact wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get an Ovivo SIM working with a jail broken Apple iPhone running the latest iOS6? I tried but gave up. Is it possible?

    Yes, no problems at all.

    Exactly what problem are you encountering?
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.