i was wondering if anyone could help me. i bought a laptop from comet 6 months ago and took out the insurance for accidental damage. on the friday before they went into administration my daughter broke the hinge on my laptop thinking it was ok i sent it off to be fixed with comet that was 2 and a half weeks ago i have not received my laptop back and am being told different stories whenever i call to see what the progress is. first time they told me it was on the bench, then the next time i called it was in logistics, the next time i called i was told it had all been fixed and they had been having problems with there courier, which was all sorted and i would receive it back they told me this the next day when i called to either fri november 9 or mon november 12. i called them on friday to see what time it would be delivered to be told it hadnt been fixed at all and they were awaiting a part and it may be fixed by wednesday 14 november. i sent it off in good faith thinking this would be fixed in ten days as they said.ive called trading standards and they have told me to write a letter demanding it back by a certain date. can anyone help me :mad:

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Trading standards know far more about this sort of thing than any random posters on here so I really would just follow their advice to be honest.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • someonesomeone Forumite
    787 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dont think you should have any big problems with them been in administration.
    1) Most policies are underwritten by a 3rd party
    2) The ownership of the laptop is yours, the administrators can't walk in and sell something that does not belong to comet.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland now offers interest-free loans

But be careful - they'll impact your credit score

MSE News

Vanilla, veg & vexatious neighbours

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Up to 10% off Macs and iPads

For students, teachers & parents of students

MSE Deals