We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Ex new Giffgaff Sim customer
Went to GG for Sim only deal as they were offering good deals. Was I in for a treat of bad service when they had sent me a Sim that did not work. Cancelled contract immediately and kept demanding my money back as they sent me from pillar to post. Takes less than 10 mins to buy their £10 Goody bag but a few days to get my money. Trouble is their Sims are not in a antistatic bag or properly packed envelope/box like when one buys memory Sims for a p.c. So who knows what their storage policy of Sims are like at their facility. Buyer Beware!
0
Comments
-
I wasn't aware that anybody used antistatic bags for Sim cards. The ones that sit at supermarket checkouts don't.
You don't have a great deal of patience. One duff simcard and you want to cancel?This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
I've been with giff gaff now for nearly 2 years and had no problems at all, even when my mobile was stolen I contacted them froze my goodybag, got new sim through post couple days later, my number transfered to new sim. All good, any probs just email one of the agents, they were great IMO..0
-
No one stores/sends SIM cards in anti static bags. You were unlucky, that's all.0
-
It was a tongue-in-cheek question
0 -
Looks like I owe Giffgaff my humble, sincere apologies ref. Sims.
So here goes:- ( Sorry Giffgaff. A dodgy Sim gave me a bad start. Everything else checked out i.e. phone not locked, other Sims worked fine in my phone 'your connected' message. But I wasn't, no connection on aerial symbol. Not what I expected from the off, gives a very bad impression to a new customer. Sorry again Giffgaffers, unicornbt.0 -
Hi,
With both Vodafone and T-Mobile offering un-limited calls, un-limited texts and un-limited data for £20/21inc VAT, SIM only I can't see how the GiffGaff offering stands up ?
Have I missed something ?
MikeG0 -
Or even Three's £6.90/mth SIM plan - 200 minutes, 5000 texts, 500 MB data, good for lower users.0
-
billbennett wrote: »Or even Three's £6.90/mth SIM plan - 200 minutes, 5000 texts, 500 MB data, good for lower users.
Not forgetting the £42.94 cashback available on this from topcashback, making it a net £3.32/mth! :money:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


