We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Iphone 5 nitemare with Vodafone

I upgraded to the iphone5 end of September and finally received my phone just under 2 weeks ago.
Since it arrived I haven't been able to send photos via MMS. I have constantly been on the phone to vodafone, been given a different reason every time and even sent a new sim card.
Today I completely lost the plot when they told me that actually you cannot send pics taken on the phone via MMS as the files are too big and to use another application such as whatsapp !!
Surely this means I have been mis sold the phone and have the right to now swap it? However Vodafone just offered a repair... a repair on what if its not an available option!!
Can anyone offer any advise as I am at my wits end.

thanks
«1

Comments

  • SaLoGo
    SaLoGo Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    That's a load of crap... I can send them on mine just fine!
    :beer: Been smoke free for 4 years!! :beer:
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,034 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Not a valid reason to get out of your contract I'm afraid.

    Have you tried taking the phone into one of the larger vodafone stores and seeing if an actual person can take a look at it?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    Not a valid reason to get out of your contract I'm afraid. ...
    Who said anything about getting out?
  • I don't want to get out of my contract, I just a phone that works.

    I work such strange hours getting into a shop is a nightmare but am going to have to try
  • Mickyk
    Mickyk Posts: 171 Forumite
    Could check the Apple "Genius" forums and ask for help of a technical nature, could be as simple as not having the settings active on the phone
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I didn't think anybody used mms anymore it's cheaper just to send via cloud, email, whatapp or any other possible means.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 11,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Are your mms settings correct?
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • I have had all the settings reset, had a new sim card too and then reset again and then still no joy :(
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Visit Voda shop when it is quiet and when a technical person is there. I have ALWAYS found them to be very helpful and keen to show their knowledge.

    However, I suggest you google "iphone 5 use mms" You will see that it is not just Vodafone users who are affected and that it seems to be yet another of Apple's "product experience enhancements" that seem to screw up users.

    You may have to make a decision whether or not you want to keep your Iphone 5 or switch to a brand that does MMS. But you could always, as suggested, use your data and send via email if recipient has email address.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 11,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    androids dont have all these issues that over priced iphones have
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.