We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

t mobile changing number

just wondering if anyone can help..
I've been getting a few annoying texts on my phone, usually 3/4 a week and I don't know who they are from. And as well as that I get phone calls off people I don't know..
so I obviously want to change my number, I understand if I phone up it will be free to do so, but was wondering how long it takes? and will they need to send a new SIM card or will I use my same SIM?

Comments

  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Normally instant, first number change free, and takes minutes.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • simax wrote: »
    Normally instant, first number change free, and takes minutes.
    Oh brilliant, thanks! I did just try to phone at about quarter to 10 (they shut at 10) but no luck, will have to try again in the morning. Will it be ok to phone from the number I'm wanting to change?
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Yes it'll be fine :)
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.