TV Licence Refunds over 75

Options
Hi All,

Can anyone work out where the hell the Over 75 licence refund application is on their website?

Got to this page and then when you click on the link provided for the Over 75 part...it no longer mentions anything about refunds, just renewing and paying.

These people are driving me crazy.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 November 2012 at 4:21PM
    Options
    uk_messer wrote: »

Got to this page and then when you click on the link provided for the Over 75 part...it no longer mentions anything about refunds, just renewing and paying.
    Why would you have to apply for a refund? They simply issue you with a free licence once you reach 75. The link is for those about to reach their 74th birthday...

As it says on the link:
    "We’ll automatically refund any money you have over paid for each full month after your 75th birthday. You’ll receive your refund when your over 75 TV Licence is issued".
  • uk_messer
    uk_messer Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Moneyineptitude,

Thanks for your reply.

No, they don't refund you. if that were the case they wouldn't take the overpayment in the first place. In this case they've talen 2 years worth over the age of 75.

Calling their call centre and have been given the run around. Moved around to about 4 different people - basically all the same dept but each one pretending they didn't handle that particular aspect and were putting me through to relevant department. First two times line just cut when they were supposedly putting me through.

Ridiculous to the point that I got through to the supposed returns dept - who asked me for the account details again....asked him "is this the refunds department?"

"errr....can you give me your reference or licence number"

"Is this the refunds department?"

"Yes I can do refunds, can you give me your reference number"

Gave him details.oh what happens...he deals in refunds...but not direct debit ones..he has to put me through to that section. What happens...just another call centre worker asking the same again.

If this was a foreign call centre they'd be complaints about it all over the internet. This one's right in the UK....so much for great UK call centres.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    "We’ll automatically refund any money you have over paid for each full month after your 75th birthday. You’ll receive your refund when your over 75 TV Licence is issued".
    uk_messer wrote: »
    No, they don't refund you. if that were the case they wouldn't take the overpayment in the first place.
    Your comment contradicts what it says on the site. Have you received your "over 75" license?
    If not, then that explains why you also haven't received your automatic refund of any money you have over paid.

If you have received the new license and had no refund then I agree you needed to chase them up.
  • uk_messer
    Options
    Sorry, I meant to say they wouldn't need to refund if they didn't take the overpayment in the first place. Because your post seemed to be suggest they would automatically provide a free tv licence when you hit 75. I'm not sure they ask for D.O.B details when you apply for one anyway. In any case the onus is on the person turning 75 to claim it.

Anyway, they haven't issued the full refund though they have issued the new free tv licence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure