We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

why is texting like keyhole surgery?

JethroUK
JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
google android

when I type text (or usually say it) I have to do it through a tiny little slot at the bottom of the screen - yet immediately above there is massive empty box

what's all that about?

why is editing texts like doing keyhole surgery when there's all that room?

i must be missing something obvious
When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?

Comments

  • JCP
    JCP Posts: 127 Forumite
    Try touching the "keyhole" - you should get a much bigger space to type into
  • JCP wrote: »
    Try touching the "keyhole" - you should get a much bigger space to type into
    I don't, it just brings up the keyboard and moves the "keyhole" up the screen.
    Mike
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    What's "google android"? The OS in general or some particular application?
  • grumbler wrote: »
    What's "google android"? The OS in general or some particular application?

    Good point. I assumed the op meant the stock android text message application.
    Mike
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    JethroUK wrote: »
    when I type text (or usually say it) I have to do it through a tiny little slot at the bottom of the screen - yet immediately above there is massive empty box

    i must be missing something obvious
    The "massive empty box" is where the conversation fits when you are exchanging texts to the same person, the idea is that you are able to read the conversation rather like you can read previous posts on this thread when you are replying ;)
    It's not just about the money
  • JethroUK
    JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    MikeWhite wrote: »
    I don't, it just brings up the keyboard and moves the "keyhole" up the screen.
    Mike

    Same here - I figure the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge empty box directly above must have some purpose i aint figured yet

    MikeWhite wrote: »
    Good point. I assumed the op meant the stock android text message application.
    Mike

    I did indeed
    When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?
  • Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2012 at 10:31AM
    Surely you've had some incoming messages in all the weeks you've had the handset ( see OP's previous posts) which would show?
  • Techhead wrote: »
    Surely you've had some incoming messages in all the world's you've had the handset ( see OP's previous posts) which would show?
    In my case, the previous message thread is shown but it takes up about 85% of the screen, leaving just a single line to compose the reply in. I think that it would be useful if the message reply area enlarged when being typed into?
    Mike
  • Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    MikeWhite wrote: »
    In my case, the previous message thread is shown but it takes up about 85% of the screen, leaving just a single line to compose the reply in. I think that it would be useful if the message reply area enlarged when being typed into?
    Mike

    It does if you type more than one line? The OP says he has empty space.
  • Techhead wrote: »
    It does if you type more than one line? The OP says he has empty space.
    It's too early for me:silenced:
    You are quite right, I get up to three lines (still not quite long enough but better than one).
    Mike
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.