Options

Comments

• Determined_diva
    Determined_diva Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 January 2013 at 2:37PM
    Options
    How have I been getting on this week?

Well! I haven't done any NSD this week. I just couldn't be bothered to do it this week and don't know why. I also have been the same with slimming world as well. Do you ever get that feeling of not totally giving up but that you just need a bit of a break? Well that's the place I'm at the moment I'm just worried in caseI don't get my mojo back?

I just loaded some more bits on e bay hopefully to excite me about bringing more money back in :-(
    Started again 25th December 2017
    Current tracking - £7,955.84/ £18,282.25 to pay off. (31.12.19)
  • Evcakes
    Evcakes Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Well done with your progress so far, I have days were I plan to do so much then end up sitting in front of the computer glum and a waste of space. I'm so glad I have my kids to give me a lift everyday x

Waiting for an ebay sale to get some bids, fingers crossed!
    Next debt to bust c/c £1253.53 24/4/13 - Now £1211.91
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment evcakes! Hope your eBay sale went okay?

Well I worked last night and earned £69.45!! Woop woop!

I have to get petrol out of at though as I don't get paid till next Friday :-(
  • movinghelp
    Options
    Hey, didn't want to read and run. Just thought I'd recommend TalkTalk, our deal with them is 12.75 a month (cheapest I could find) for line rental and unlimited BB. We don't actually have a home phone (you don't get one with the package) but this really just means that we never have any unexpected charges. You do have to pay line rental in advance (114 i think) but it works out.

Good luck and I agree you need a treat every once in a while or your motivation will be screwed.
  • Determined_diva
    Determined_diva Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 November 2012 at 10:57PM
    Options
    Thanks moving help!

Well I just had another lightbulb moment....

I jus got a car the month before last so I could get to work easier.
    I was previously getting the bus at 6.20am to get to the other office to then pickup the free work shuttle bus to get to the other office. It's journey would bring me in just before 9am! The bus fare cost me £40.50

Since I have got the car I am not tired and falling asleep at work but it costs me around £45 per week Fuel and then the £72 monthly car insurance. My journey now takes an hour.

Well.... By putting in the postcodes of both offices into a route finder I have found out I do 52.2 miles a day round trip to work, and if I drove to the other office I get it down to 18 miles round trip.

£45 a week / 261 miles a week = 0.17 per mile ( I drive on motorway )
    It's equates to around £9 per day

If I do the new route and take advantage of the free bus shuttle service to my actual office I lower this to around £3.06 a day (£61.20 per 4week pay as this is how I get paid)

So I round it up to £70 a month for fuel and over a year (13 month pay as I get paid every 4 weeks) I will save £1,450 in fuel!!!

The journey will take me an extra 15 mins on what I am doing driving straight there ( as need to factor in parking at the office and getting on bus before it gets full:-) ) but i will leave 30 mins earlier than I usually do.

Timings might. Change once I tried it but I know the longest bit of my old bus journey was getting 2x public bus and a 10 min walk to get to the office ( and the waiting every 30 mins for the buses to then not turn up!)

My new routine will be 20 min drive to office and 30 min on the shuttle bus

How you liking my money saving gang???

Also can I save money on my insurance now as I based it on 12000 miles a year and I will only be doing 4,680 now ( say 5,000)?
  • LadyBones
    Options
    That's more like what I'd call a determined diva ;)
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Thanks Ladybones I'm back! Just had a depressed in debt afternoon. Kicked myself into shape with the help of everyone here and now going to start kicking some butt from tomorrow with the pleasure of not getting the bus and freezing to death waiting around and finally getting up at silly o clock!

There's a girl who lives near me who gets the bus to the office and I'm gonna askif she wants to ride with me instead. Even if I get a £20 contribution ( she pays £40 for the bus) it will take my travel down to £50 and will save her money too
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    The things you think of when you really want that cooker lol :-)
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    So I have trialled the new route to work Monday and today and its great! The petrol dial hasn't moved ( by now I would be 1/4 tank in (and then some!))

I have set up transfer of £200 a month to be keep petrol separate. I will then fill up from that account . At the end of the year I can use that as final payment off the big debt (I am not getting charged interest on it - they just want the balance paid)
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    So I have not been well this week - I have got shingles :-(
    on the plus side I get paid tomorrow ;-)
    It's will take my % up to 10.5% paid off from 2%!!!
    Plus I have another 2.5% to pay off mid dec
    So happy really need this debt paid off!
    DDx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback