Options

Comments

• Determined_diva
    Options
    So my tv finally broke yesterday :-(

That's £200 out of pocket for a new one not planned in the budget

DAMN!!!
    Started again 25th December 2017
    Current tracking - £7,955.84/ £18,282.25 to pay off. (31.12.19)
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hi everyone

I haven't been around lately so thought I would pop on and update!

I have had such an expensive month :-(

1. My tv broke so had to get a new one (£205)
    2. Travelled with work and as the company card hadn't come through, I had to pay out for my expenses and claim them back which will be in next weeks pay (£240 ish)

To top it all off... I have a best mates big birthday next week which is literally going to cost me an arm and a leg! She has been planning it for ages though and it's my fault I haven't saved for it ( arranged before I joined here and saw the light) which means I can't pay any extra off my debt total next month :-(

Life eh!!!

DDx
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So this was officially the most expensive weekend of my life!

It was a best friends big birthday that I had p,entry of time save for but due to debt repayments it all had to come out of this months salary.

Scared to tell you all this but it has totalled £855. Yes that's right £855!
    We stayed in a top London hotel, went to a top London club, got my hair done (not done for ages due to debt problems), bought new outfit (not bought clothes for over a year), new makeup etc

Dd I have fun? Yes
    Did I feel absolutely amazing? YES
    Was I repeating mistakes that got me into debt in the first place? YES

I'm glad I did it but wished I could of saved a bit more plus not bought new bits.

I have re adjusted a few things to take my bills down (I.e halve my shopping bill so no treats in it)

I also need to pull the purse strings in now to claw back my overspend.

Will ask for more shifts in the bar to get myself back on track

Feel like I have let you all down...I am so sorry xxx
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Hey....

Don't beat yourself up... Tell us where you live and we'll come and do it ha ha!!! Only joking...

Ironically I've just been posting how much I have NO social life and haven't been out in nearly 12 months!!! Your night out sounds incredible... exactly what I need.

On the plus - you celebrated your friend's big birthday. On the down - you now feel bad and are £855 down. There is no right or wrong - and you are having to adjust your living accordingly and make sacrifices elsewhere...

I really appreciate your honesty. A BIG part of me wants to go out and do all that - alas I have no big parties on the horizon. I think it's an important reminder for me though that a night out can feel amazing and much needed on the night - but the feelings the day after can often tip into guilt or remorse... I think in your case - if you hadn't gone - you'd have maybe felt those things anyway for letting your friend down... but hearing your experience is really valuable.

I'm going to resist my urge to club (just for the sake of having a social life). I have 2 weddings in May which I will try and save for ahead of time (good tip there - thanks!).

Imagine you were debt free - and all your money coming in was your own. How would it have felt going out and partying then? For me it would have been like a mini break - I wouldn't have felt bad at all - because my money was my own...

Let your feelings now inspire you to work harder and aim towards that day when you will be able to party in style GUILT FREE!!! That day is coming!!!...

Big hugs!!!

PS. You're sitting at 27.5% darn you and I'm at 23%... You're still ahead of me ha ha!!!

:D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hi abundant

Thanks for your words of encouragement, it's so annoying as I wanted to pay some debts back but alas I'll have to give it a miss until I get paid again in 4 weeks time :-(

Your rit - I was never gonna miss the birthday and it was a great weekend that I can hold those memories on to throughout this year whilst I now live on baked beans on toast!

I bought a whole new outfit ( not done that for over a year) got my hair done, bought much needed makeup and eat what I wanted (stopped the diet for the weekend)

Rhianna was in the club too.... RHIANNA!

I seriously partied for the rest of the year I tell you!

And to top off my night some guy I fancy told me "I'm the most beautiful woman in the club" but he is attached so that's definitely a no go zone and he is not a douche so wouldn't of meant it in a cheating way, but nice to see that people are noticing my 2 stone weight loss and the happiness I felt having a break from the usual debt rope that's tied round my neck!

I've been sorting out stuff for eBay today so I can try claw back a little bit of cash that way too

Anyway enough about me - how is life treating you? Xx
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hey there!

Just checking in to make sure you're ok, as not seen you around for a little while!!! I had a massive overspend on groceries this month :mad: spending £126 in one fell swoop (had planned £80 for the month!!!) so am on the naughty step now! Hugs!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hey!

Still here - just been away with work.

Oh no you are defo on the naught step!!!

I need to seriously get myself back in check though as well! Spending for fun!! Definitely no £900 weekenders no more!!! Lol

Going to check in every day to keep me on track :-)

Hope you are well apart from the shopping bill?
    DDx
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    So it's officially less than 1 week till I get paid again! Yay! It's also the last pay before I have to check in with my 3 month financial review (due 31st march) so going to try and pay lots off so it don't look as bad! Hee hee!

Feeling a bit more positive about stuff recently - was just tired of being I. Debt and feeling like I will never achieve my goals , but now starting to plough away again at the debt so someday I will finally be debt free!!!

Having a productive weekend - tidied house up, going to the skip to bin lots of crap, going to do the ironing, go gym and them load more stuff on e bay.

Mum is coming round tonight for dinner too so I'm busy busy busy today!!!

Keep ploughing away at your debts people and have a happy Sunday!

DDx
  • Determined_diva
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I need some love today, after having a good cry and now drinking some tea I have come here to write in my diary.

I had my hair booked to be done ( I know I shouldn't) on Saturday and sat down today and told myself "NO" you can't spend £200 on hair when you are in debt - so I thankfully phoned up and cancelled it.

I then had someone come round to quote me on doing my garden and they quoted me just under £4k !!!

It literally made me break down in tears.

I have lived in my home for 2 years and still can't afford my cooker let alone the garden and everything else that needs doing it to it !

I can't afford my hair
    I can't afford any clothes
    I can't afford to go out
    I can't afford a holiday
    I can't afford anything
    I can't
    I can't
    I can't !!!!!!

It's so frustrating as all I want to do is live a happy life and by that I need to pay my debt off that i stupidly got myself into.

I didn't realise how expensive it is to do a house up - not called anyone out before and decided to take e plunge to find out what it would cost once I a, debt free.

It will be like paying off another huge debt!

Grrrrr!

I know I am feeling sorry for myself, but I've been trying to be strong for so long... Can't believe it was my hair and some stupid bushes that got to me!

DDx
  • girlywhirly
    Options
    Hi DD

I've been reading your diary thread today and have been really impressed at how you keep going even when things seem like they're against you. I know exaclty how you feel when you want to do stuff/need to do stuff but can't because you can't afford it. It's the worst feeling in the world! BUT take comfort that all of us on here feel like that, and that it WILL get better - you started this journey and you'll complete it, it just takes time. Have a glass of wine and watch a funny movie, or go to the gym and run out your frustration on the treadmill! It will all seem better in the morning (cliche but so true!!)

Chin up :j

GW x
    £2 Savers Club 2013 £170 :o 1%=£54 1%/£5380.62
    50p Savers Club 2013 £2.50
    :p
    :j Proud to be dealing with my debts :j
    :eek: Current debts: Loan [STRIKE]£5,380.62[/STRIKE] £5,305.62, Family £10,400
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback